About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, two-year College
serving a diverse community, including people of color, recent
immigrants and non-traditional populations. The College's mission
is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals
through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs.
RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive
to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL,
and community education. The student population at the college is
diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury
Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages
applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its
staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The Nursing Assistant Programs Manager is responsible for
overseeing training programs, including but not limited to
Certified Nursing Assistants and Home Health Aides. The Nursing
Assistant Programs Manager will ensure compliance with program
certification requirements and implement strategies to ensure that
programs meet the needs of local employers. The manager is
responsible for program curriculum and delivery method, and
scheduling. The manager works College offices to ensure that the
program is marketed, students are recruited and enrolled, and
supports are provided for students and program instructors. The
Manager will represent the program at community and business
Supervision Received: The CNA Program Manager reports to the
Executive Director of the Center for Workforce Development.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of Nursing Assistant
- Teach Certified Nursing Assistant and other related CNA or Home
- Ensure compliance with third-party certification bodies'
- Interview and recommend instructors for hire.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for student
- Serve students in a way that is asset-based and stresses equity
for all students.
- Assess students and recommend them for acceptance to
- Monitor student attendance and provide referrals to support
services as appropriate.
- Assess student performance in achieving course goals and
- Collect and analyze data to monitor and evaluate student
- Evaluate programs and Instructors.
- Collaborate with the Center of Workforce Development staff to
continually improve programs.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with employers, Community
Based Organizations (CBOs), and the community to inform them of
programs and identify services and externship sites that meet
- Participate in Open Registration activities.
- Provide timely and professional responses to telephone, email,
and walk-in inquiries from students.
- Conduct public presentations to businesses and the community at
large to inform them of allied Healthcare training programs.
- Collaborate with the marketing department to develop meaningful
marketing material and social media to branding to promote the
- Update marketing materials for flyers and the website.
- Attend college and community events to promote and recruit
- Attend campus meetings and serves on committees, as
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and order supplies as
- Conduct walk-throughs of labs to ensure they are well-stocked,
clean, and safe.
- Maintain updated course description, course outline, and
syllabi as appropriate
- Keep accurate records following the Roxbury Community College
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Flexible including nights and weekends
Work assigned schedule reliably and punctually.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, required.
- Three years of experience practicing nursing.
- Demonstrated ability to manage educational or healthcare
- Has three-five years of proven experience in implementing
workforce development programs, including grant-funded
- Experience in instruction.
- Committed to continuous quality improvement
- Passionate about program areas.
- Maintains a positive and proactive approach to problem-solving
and developing innovative solutions to address challenges.
- Excellent written skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with data analysis.
- Ability to multitask and manage competing projects
- Skilled at Microsoft computer applications including Word,
Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with students from diverse social, cultural,
and economic backgrounds who possess wide ranges of academic
abilities and interests.
- Prior experience in an urban community college or with diverse
- Experience with online and hybrid courses.
- Bilingual (Preference for Spanish, French, Haitian Creole, Cape
Verdean-Creole, or Portuguese).
- Valid Driver's License
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the
This is a full-time Non-Unit Professional (NUP) position, with full
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience and
As an employee of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you are offered
a great career opportunity influencing a wide-spectrum of services
to the diverse populations we serve. The State's total compensation
package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which you
should consider towards your overall compensation. Including but
not limited to:
- Reasonable Health, Dental and Vision Plans
- Low cost basic and optional life insurance
- Retirement Savings: State Employees' Pension and a Deferred
Compensation 457(b) plan
- 12 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and
All offers of employment at Roxbury Community College are
contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race,
color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran
status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation
in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the
Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act
of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII
of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and
college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment,
including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning
discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall
be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX
Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission, or the
United States Department of Education's Office for Civil
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime
Statistics Act requires all higher education institutes to disclose
campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is
available at www.rcc.edu/clery.
Application Deadline: This position will remain posted until
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and