The Department of Psychology at Concordia University Chicago (CUC) invites applications for a full-time, tenure track faculty position in psychology; specialization is open. Rank will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. The start date for this position is Fall 2023 and it is located in River Forest, Illinois.
The teaching format responsibilities for this position are primarily face-to-face. In addition to courses in their specialty, candidates must be able to teach statistics, research methods, senior seminar and general psychology. The teaching load is 4 courses per semester.
The successful candidate's research program should involve mentoring of undergraduate research assistants, regular presentations at professional conferences and publication in peer-reviewed journals. Additionally, advising of undergraduate students and service to the university, profession and community are required.
Candidates must support and be committed to the mission and identity of Concordia University Chicago, a university of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod (LCMS).
- Strong administrative skills, including related computer and technology skills
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills across institutional units with faculty, staff and senior leaders
- Enthusiastic supporter of Lutheran higher education and Concordia University Chicago
- A record of successful teaching, scholarship, and service at the program or university level
- The ability to challenge, motivate and encourage students to high levels of academic and personal success
Minimum Experience Preferred:
A record of research and publication and 2-4 years of successful undergraduate teaching is preferred.
An earned doctorate or anticipated completion of an earned doctorate by fall 2023 from an accredited institution is required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting range and faculty rank is dependent upon individual qualifications and experience. Concordia University Chicago benefit options include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and/or Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Disability and Survivor Plan
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Retirement 403(b) Savings Plan
- Basic Life and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Coverage
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Tuition benefits (available for employees and their qualified dependents)
For full consideration, all application materials must be received by December 1, 2022. Interested individuals should include the following in their online application:
- Cover letter
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Statement of research
- Copies of post-secondary academic transcripts that reflect completion of advanced degree(s) (Official transcripts will be required upon hiring of successful candidates.)
- Names and contact information of three references
* Only applicants submitting all required documentation above will be considered.
Concordia does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or age. As an institution of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, however, and to the extent allowed by law, Concordia University reserves the right to give preference in employment based upon religious affiliation.
Concordia University Chicago does not generally sponsor for employment visas except for positions that oversee, teach or support our international programs.
About Concordia University Chicago:
Concordia University Chicago is a liberal arts-based Christian university founded in the Lutheran tradition. Through its College of Theology, Arts & Humanities, College of Business, College of Education, and College of Health, Science & Technology, Concordia-Chicago offers more than 160 areas of study in small classes taught by professors who are passionate about teaching and student success. All undergraduate and graduate degrees are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Concordia University Chicago has been recognized as a College of Distinction since 2010, and is consistently ranked among the Best Regional Universities-Midwest by U.S. News & World Report. For more than a decade, combined undergraduate and graduate enrollment has exceeded 5,000 students. Concordia University Chicago is located in River Forest, 10 miles west of downtown Chicago. Learn more about our commitment to higher education, rooted in the Gospel, at CUChicago.edu.
Steadfast in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, Concordia University Chicago promotes academic rigor in its liberal arts and professional programs; grounds students in objective truth, integrity, and excellence; and practices faithfulness to the Confessional teachings of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod, as it forms students for vocations in church, family, and the world.