Home Org Name
Auburn Univ Regional Airport Admin
Office of the President
Aviation Equipment Technician (Part-time)
Job Class Code
.70 to .75
Limited Term Length
The Auburn University Regional
candidates for an Aviation Equipment Technician to perform
maintenance on airport facilities, grounds, service and refueling
equipment, and provide flight line services for local and transient
At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by
U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn
University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of
Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking
education, life-enhancing research, scholarship, and selfless
service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to
academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment,
student engagement, and thriving community.
Why employees choose Auburn:
Auburn University was named by
Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers,
with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy
competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance,
generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and
dependents, flexible spending accounts, and more!
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and
thriving community by visiting
Auburn University is committed to a diverse
and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion
learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion
1. Perform general maintenance on grounds, runways, taxiways and
facilities equipment such as tractors, mowers, sweepers, sprayers
lawn tractors, blowers, compressors, weed eaters, welders
2. Tests fuel quality using field test, api gravity test and
3. Participates in flight line activities such as loading,
refueling, washing, towing, parking and crash control
4. Provides facility and grounds maintenance.
5. Maintains airport vehicles which includes fueling and any
maintenance required to ensure safety and service standards at all
6. Repairs equipment and fixtures at the airport, such as runway
lighting, fixtures to regulators, and receivers/controllers.
7. Conducts security patrols and inspections on facilities, hangers
and fence line.
8. Conducts test for water runoff to comply with Environmental
Protection Agency regulations.
9. Trains student line service employees.
Minimum Skills, License, and Certifications
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Minimum Technology Skills
Minimum License and Certifications
Experience on a flight line
Posting Detail Information
$30,150 - $57,300
Working Hours if Non-Traditional
Rotating schedule: 7AM-7PM M-F, Sat-Sun 8AM-5PM. Football home
City position is located in:
State position is located:
List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus
environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with
disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment
opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex,
religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or any other classification protected by applicable
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postings
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select how you first became aware of this opportunity.
Your response helps us determine how we can more effectively reach
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- The Tuskegee News
- Professional organization or journal
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- State Employment Service
- Social Media
- AU Job Bulletin
- Notified by an Auburn employee
- College or university Career Services
- I went to the AU Employment Website directly
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?