- Auburn University
- Alabama, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Aug 15, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Professional Fields, Other Professional Fields, Vocational & Technical Fields, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Home Org Name
College of Liberal Arts
Job Class Code
Limited Term Length
Coordinates Professional Flight training operations specifically related to student, instructor, training, and other administrative resource scheduling, for FAA pilot certifications and ratings, flight course enrollments, and administrative responsibilities.
About Auburn: At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship, and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Why employees choose Auburn: Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts, and more!
Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn .
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
- Creates and maintains a master flight training schedule throughout each university semester and those periods between semesters. Maximizes flight instructor and aircraft resources as students progress through flight training in pursuit of FAA certifications/ratings.
- Coordinates evaluation and testing events for all flight courses by coordinating training resources and evaluators with students.
- Coordinates with Flight Instructors, Assistant Chief Flight Instructors, and Chief Flight Instructor to adjust flight schedules as students progress in the curriculum in real-time and in future planning, using the flight scheduling software and Excel.
- Responsible for work schedules, new employee training, and advising, when necessary. Coordinates with students, Flight Instructors, and Assistant Chiefs to maximize resources when accommodating absence notifications.
- Advises students, parents, and CFIs on standard scheduling, as well as administrative policies and procedures, via telephone, email, or in-person.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills, License, and Certifications
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of flight scheduling, Federal Aviation Regulations, aircraft makes/models, FAA certifications/ratings.
Minimum Technology Skills
Minimum License and Certifications
None required; Private Pilot Certification desired
Posting Detail Information
$30,150 - $42,700
Working Hours if Non-Traditional
City position is located in:
State position is located:
List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postings
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select how you first became aware of this opportunity.
Your response helps us determine how we can more effectively reach
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- The Tuskegee News
- Professional organization or journal
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- State Employment Service
- Social Media
- AU Job Bulletin
- Notified by an Auburn employee
- College or university Career Services
- I went to the AU Employment Website directly (www.auemployment.com)
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert