IT Desktop Support Technician (2 Positions)
Department Contact Email
Job Summary/Basic Function
Under general supervision, the incumbent serves as an IT technician
for the Central State University at Wilberforce, Ohio. This is the
first contact customer-facing position required: excellent customer
service and communication skills, in-depth technical knowledge,
attention to detail, friendly, calm under pressure. Ability to work
in a fast passed work environment. The incumbent will deploy,
diagnose, repair, and maintain the University’s owned
desktop/laptop hardware, software, and photo ID system to ensure
secure, smooth, and optimal operation.
This position reports directly to the Desktop Support Manager in
the Information Technology Division. Since the position involves
work for the 1890 Land Grant System at CSU, it is expected that the
incumbent will abide by the policies and procedures of Land Grant
employees at CSU, as well as University policies and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure/deploy desktop/laptop for staff/faculty and computer
- Provide technical assistance and support for University and
Land Grant users related to the endpoints, phones, software, and
other technology that is maintained by Marauder IT Services.
- Strong problem-solving and logical thinking skills.
- Performs fundamental/advanced problem-solving skills, assists
University and Land Grant users and the University community.
- Provide training to users on new or updated technologies.
- Performs routine technical assistance and maintenance duties
that optimize performance.
- Maintains and updates records of repairs and fixes as needed;
may document projects and maintain user instructions.
- Troubleshoot systems and work with university and Land grant
personnel faculty/staff/students to determine needed software/
- Courteous, professional, and Patient.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability
to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a
diverse university setting.
- Maintain details and strive to achieve deadline oriented
- Search for solutions beyond ambiguity.
- Demonstrated experience in remote technologies such as
OneScreen, MondoPad, Cisco WebEx, Zoom, and MS Teams.
- Demonstrated experience with desktops, laptops, printer,
docu-cameras, projector, white-boards.
- Able to create, maintain, and close a successful IT
- Answer multi-line phones and assisting users remotely or
- Assists with tracking inventory of equipment and materials;
performs data entry and maintenance of records such as, but not
limited to, project documents, user instructions, general reports,
and systems errors.
- Perform systems maintenance and testing to ensure proper
functionality of systems and peripheral devices; troubleshoots and
resolve system hardware, software, and network failures and
- Assists with the review, evaluation, and recommendation of
solutions relating to hardware and software acquisitions.
- Up-to-date knowledge on current/future technology, equipment,
applicable laws (especially FERPA and HIPPA ), regulations and
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Submits monthly Time and Effort Reports for the Land Grant
Experience and Qualifications:
- Four years of hands-on experience in computer, networks, and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent hands-on experience.
- The candidate must clearly understand how the network, system,
and software work in sync.
- Able to troubleshoot complex IP based network, desktop/servers
based OS, and enterprise applications.
- Be proactive to a solution.
- Courteous, professional, and patient to the clients.
- Able to see the entire life cycle of a project and
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Staff - Monthly (Exempt)
Budgeted Annual Salary
Commensurate with experience
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of retail experience do you have?
- 1 to 2 years
- 1 to 5 years
- over 5 years
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts