Content Producer, Digital Initiatives
- Rhode Island School of Design
- Rhode Island, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 10, 2022
Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) seeks a Two-Year Term Content Producer to join its Digital Initiatives Group. This is an exciting opportunity created by the Digital Initiatives Group at the RISD Museum in partnership with Apprenticeship RI and is designed for those looking to enter or re-enter the Digital Media Production workforce. The fellowship is a two-year commitment, with the first year defined as a training year with a formal three (3) month curriculum in video, audio, and web production. At the end of the first year the candidate will receive a Certificate of Apprenticeship Completion from the state of Rhode Island.
The Content Producer produces informative and engaging original audio and video content regarding RISD Museum’s collection, art making techniques, and exhibitions, and that builds upon the museum’s educational resources. The selected candidate will engage and work with emerging and established artists and designers to create, select, and present content about artists/designers via RISD Museum’s multimedia platforms. The incumbent will actively participate in all phases of production, pre-production and post-production, including concept generation, publication, editing and dissemination.
We seek applications from equity-minded candidates who will thrive in a campus environment that is committed to advancing the principles of social equity and inclusion, and equal access to resources and opportunities.
- Uses a variety of techniques including writing, scripting, interviewing and storytelling to generate concepts and produce original audio and video content that builds upon the Museum’s ongoing in-gallery and online projects to be reviewed and approved by the Director, Digital Initiatives.
- Using a variety of professional pre-and post-production video and audio editing software, conduct post-production work, which includes but is not limited to editing video and audio, mixing audio and enhancing sound and adding music, adding visual effects, and grading/color correcting to produce a professional quality result.
- Record, collect, and compile the Museum’s lectures, talks and readings with the goal of increasing audience outreach and educational opportunities. Responsible for displaying, organizing, and disseminating content through various forms of RISD Museum media-distribution channels (website, etc.) Identify and suggest opportunities to improve reach, and work in partnership with Director, Digital Initiatives to identify distribution methods.
- Engage and work with emerging and established artists and designers to create, select, and present original content about artists/designers via RISD Museum’s multimedia platforms.
- Coordinate pre-production and onsite location recording including logistics, crews, and various materials, waivers and documents.
- Liaise with educators, curators, registrars, and other stakeholders to solicit and gather feedback on completed projects/programs. Incorporate feedback and learnings into current and future projects and programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with post production work including audio editing, motion graphic applications and/or digital video production is required. Adobe Premiere, Audition, and After Effects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with audio recording, video/dslr camera work and/or lighting techniques.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated cultural competence with an understanding of inclusion and diversity issues in the workplace, as well as the knowledge and skill to engage across a wide variety of individual differences and identities through meaningful interactions characterized by respect, mutual understanding, and reciprocity. Must recognize diversity, equity, and inclusion as central to excellence
- Ability to work collaboratively and network with other Museum colleagues.
- Must recognize diversity and inclusion as central to excellence
- High school diploma or GED required
- Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator software preferred.
- Interest in arts and cultural issues desired.
35 hours per week; 12 months per year
Full-time; Two-Year Term Appointment
Documents Needed to Apply:
Cover Letter (Required)
Salary Grade Structure
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
For internal use only - Job Family:
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert