Senior Administrative Assistant, Memorial Union
- Fort Hays State University
- Kansas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 9, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Conference & Special Event Administration, Student Affairs, Other Student Affairs, Student Activities & Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Posting Title
Senior Administrative Assistant, Memorial Union
The Senior Administrative Assistant in the Memorial Union has primary responsibility for reservations and scheduling of meeting and event spaces. The employee works under general supervision and will receive some instructions with respect to the details of most assignments but may develop independent work sequences within established procedures. This position supervises student employees. Successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills, ability to work with the public, and have basic knowledge of computer programs, as well as the ability to learn new and changing software programs.
Minimum Qualifications: High School diploma or GED equivalency and one year of office experience or one year of post-secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or two plus years of office experience
- Experience with scheduling or meeting/event management
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly detailed and very organized
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- High level of technology skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in supervision
Salary: $13.98 per hour plus benefits
Benefits: Competitive benefit package http://www.fhsu.edu/humanresourceoffice/Prospective-Employees/
- Schedules space and resources for the Memorial Union, Fischli-Wills Center for Student Success, and Beach/Schmidt Performing Arts Center
- Serves as primary point of contact for students, faculty, staff, and groups who contact the Memorial Union by visiting the office, email, or phone to utilize meeting space
- Utilizes scheduling and diagram software daily
- Supervises hiring, training scheduling, and daily task assignment for student office assistants and the student social media specialist.
- Assists groups in planning logistics of events while complying with Memorial Union policies
- Compiles and distributes reports related to schedules, usage, and set-up needs to appropriate parties
- Provides customer service through assistance with event logistics and follow-up with clients
- Collaborates with food service catering manager to provide details for events
- Collaborates with Union set-up staff as well as Technology Services and Physical Plant staff on logistical details
- Originates event charges and exports billing for off-campus rental of spaces.
- Oversees of daily office tasks including supplies and mail
- Manage union promotion through college radio ads, digital and paper signage, and social media
- Responsible for completing updates to the Memorial Union, Beach/Schmidt Performing Arts Center, and Encore Series websites
- Provides administrative support to the Director of the Memorial Union
- Serves on committees, engages in professional development opportunities, and attends University-sponsored events as appointed
Application Process: To apply for this position, please visit https://fhsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CAREERS . Only electronic applications submitted through the webpage will be accepted.
Required Application Documents: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references. Applicant documents should be submitted in one PDF.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Name: Edie McCracken, Memorial Union Director
Community of Hays
FHSU is located in Hays, a vibrant college town of approximately 20,000, located halfway between Kansas City and Denver on Interstate 70. Hays is the regional center for education, health care, professional services, shopping, culture, and recreation for the western half of Kansas. The community boasts excellent recreational programs and facilities, including the comprehensive Center for Health Improvement, Hays Aquatic Park, Smoky Hill Country Club, Hays Municipal Golf Course, and extensive walking, running, and biking trails. Hays is within 45 minutes of two large lakes that offer great opportunities for boating, fishing, and camping. The Hays Municipal Airport provides connecting service to Denver with several flights daily. The Hays community is home to excellent Pre-K and K-12, public and private schools. With over 60 restaurants, major retail outlets, a low unemployment rate, and very short commute times, the city provides a safe, welcoming, low-cost, high-quality living environment for the residents who call "Hays, America" home.
Notice of Non-discrimination – Fort Hays State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, color, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Background Check: Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check.
Notice to KPERS retirees applying for a position: Recent legislation changes working-after-retirement rules for both you and your employer if you go back to work for a KPERS employer. Please contact your KPERS representative or www.kpers.org for further information on how this might affect you.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert