The University of Saint Joseph, founded by the Sisters of Mercy, provides a rigorous liberal arts and professional education for a diverse student population in an inclusive environment that encourages strong ethical values, personal integrity, and a sense of responsibility to the needs of society.
At University of Saint Joseph, our mission statement profoundly resonates with our faculty and staff and serves as the foundation upon which our employment policy is built.
We seek to attract, develop and retain individuals who are committed to our mission. We are committed to providing an environment where diverse talents, perspectives, experiences and contributions are recognized, and one that promotes the "growth of the whole person" with resources that enable employees to meet professional and personal life needs.
Under the direction of the Vice President for Finance & Administration, the AVP for Finance and Controller directs and manages all of the accounting and business functions of the University and prepares the annual and interim financial statements, forecasts and related reports. This position also assists with the development of the annual budget.
- Manage Business Office, Bursars Office, and Mail Services
- Maintains endowment and investment accounts; maintains endowment unitization
- Assists VP for Finance & Administration with annual budget development;
- Prepare annual and interim financial statements, forecasts and analysis
- Develop and implement internal controls
- Oversee annual audits (financial statements, Federal Uniform Guidance, State Single Audit, Federal 403(b) Plan)
- Manage grants accounting
- Manage student billing and accounts receivable
- Support payroll processing and compliance
- Ensures compliance with tax-exempt bond financing
- Ensures compliance with tax regulations and oversees preparation and submission of Form 990 and other tax returns.
- Cash management
- Develops, implements and enforces internal controls
- Develops and maintains organizational structure to effectively accomplish the Business Office goals and objectives
- Develops short and long term financial projections
- Interprets and applies federal and state tax policy
- Interprets and applies University and financial accounting policies related to accounting transactions.