Veterinary Technology Program - Adjunct Faculty
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Maryland, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 31, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Other Education, Health & Medicine, Veterinary Sciences, Professional Fields, Other Professional Fields, Vocational & Technical Fields, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Veterinary Technology Adjunct faculty are needed to teach day, evening, on-site and or remote (scheduled/virtual, if needed) classes at the Community College of Baltimore County. Adjunct faculty will be expected to facilitate learning via preparation and delivery of instruction, cooperate with College support staff in timely submission of materials and grades as required and, coordinate activities with the Program Director. Adjunct faculty are selected based on program needs and subject matter expertise of the applicant. Adjunct faculty are required to attend department meetings, participate in professional development related to classroom instruction and pedagogy, be available to students outside of class and, assist in maintaining program accreditation.
Adjunct pay level 1 $935 per credit hour.
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in Veterinary Technology required and degree must be from an AVMA-accredited program
- Must be a credentialed veterinary technician, licensed in the state of Maryland
- Three (3) years teaching experience in the veterinary field or supervisory/training role in clinical practice
- Must be current with veterinary knowledge, AAHA standards of patient care including documentation/patient care/client communication, and be proficient with skills in clinical lab, clinical procedures, diagnostic imaging, monitoring surgery/anesthesia, etc.
- Ability to actively engage and effectively teach/mentor students
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Must have a positive attitude, excellent work ethic, be proficient with communication, written, medical math and computer skills
- Fulfills department and college responsibilities as directed by the program director and/or course coordinator
- Abides by College wide policies and procedures regarding classroom conduct
- Ensures instruction meets or exceeds standards established by the American Veterinary Medical Association Committee of Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (AVMA/CVTEA)
- Employs a variety of teaching strategies to meet a diverse student population
- Adheres to the scheduled time of class/lab, including preparatory and clean up time for labs, if applicable
- Develops a course syllabus that is in keeping with program and College policies
- Ensures that program specific evaluation methods are administered and completed in a consistent and equitable manner
- Assures that evaluation methods are appropriate and effectively assessing the established course objectives
- Monitors student performance on a regular basis and provides constructive feedback within a reasonable timeframe to students
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time employees).
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth 403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors: TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b) post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human Resources Forms.
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public Safety to use on all campuses.
Sick and Safe Leave
CCBC is pleased to offer paid sick and safe leave for part-time employees. Paid sick and safe leave is earned by all part-time employees including credit and non-credit adjunct faculty, part-time associates and other part-time employees.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert