Emergency Medical Technology adjunct faculty is needed to teach
day, evening, and weekend classes at The Community College of
Level 1 - $935 per credit hour.
· An Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical Technology or a
· Certified as a Maryland Emergency Medical Technician, or licensed
as a Cardiac Rescue Technician-Intermediate, or Paramedic.
· A minimum of five (5) years of experience working in emergency
· Possess current certification as an American Heart Association
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) instructor.
· Maryland Instructor Certification Review Board (MICRB)
certification as an Emergency Services instructor in the Emergency
Medical Services discipline ( must be completed within nine (9)
months of hire
· A Bachelor's or Master's degree in emergency health services or a
· Current certification as an American Heart Association Basic
Cardiac Life Support instructor.
· Current certifications as Basic Trauma Life Support instructor,
International Trauma Life Support Instructor; American Heart
Association Pediatric or Advanced Life Support instructor.
Class Specific Essential Duties
Adjunct faculty will be expected to prepare and deliver
instruction, cooperate with College support staff by timely
submission of materials as required and coordinate activities with
the Program Director or coordinator. Adjunct faculty is required to
attend department meetings, participate in professional development
and be available to students outside of class.
CCBC Part Time Benefits At A Glance
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC
employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you
open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows
employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw
tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth
403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors:
TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part
Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for
retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may
contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b)
post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined
for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA
Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization
form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public
Safety to use on all campuses.
Sick and Safe Leave
CCBC is pleased to offer paid sick and safe leave for part-time
employees. Paid sick and safe leave is earned by all part-time
employees including credit and non-credit adjunct faculty,
part-time associates and other part-time employees.