Histotechnology Program - Adjunct Faculty
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Maryland, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 31, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Teacher Education, Professional Fields, Other Professional Fields, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs, Curriculum & Instructional Development, Faculty Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Adjunct faculty are needed to teach day (evening, weekend, and/or online) classes at the Community College of Baltimore County in the field of Histotechnology. Adjunct faculty will be expected to facilitate learning via preparation and delivery of instruction, cooperation with College support staff in timely submission of materials and grades as required and, coordination of activities with the Program Director or Coordinator. Adjunct faculty are selected based on program needs and subject matter expertise of the applicant. Adjunct faculty are required to attend department meetings, participate in professional development related to classroom instruction and pedagogy, be available to students outside of class and, assist in maintaining program accreditation.
Associates degree or higher in the field of Histotechnology. ASCP Certification as Histotechnologist is required, any additional certification such as QICH preferred. Bachelor's degree in related field (preferred). Minimum of two years clinical experience, specifically in the field of histology. Teaching experience with HT or HLT students preferred. Applicants should be proficient with various microtome models from manual to automated and embedding station features unique to each vendor. Applicants should be computer proficient and be willing to teach online courses.
Pay Level: $935 per credit hour
Class Specific Essential Duties
- Facilitate learning by preparing and delivering instruction for the Histotechnology program;
- Fulfills department and college responsibilities as directed by the program director and/or course coordinator
- Abides by College wide policies and procedures regarding classroom conduct
- Employs a variety of teaching strategies to meet a diverse student population
- Adheres to the scheduled time of class/lab
- Develops a course syllabus that is in keeping with program and College policies
- Ensures that program specific evaluation methods are administered and completed in a consistent and equitable manner
- Assure that evaluation methods are appropriate and effectively assessing the established course objectives
- Monitors student performance on a regular basis and provides feedback within a reasonable timeframe to students
- Assist the Program Director in identifying clinical competencies for HT students, reflecting the knowledge and skills needed for successful completion of Board of Registry examinations and essential skills for entry-level positions;
- Maintain appropriate records and assist with accreditation reports as part of ongoing program evaluation;
- Assist the Program Director with development of a strategic plan for the program; and
- Develop or revise and update materials as part of instructional effectiveness.
Other Possible Duties:
- Participate in ongoing program review and the self-study process;
- Assist the Program Director with curriculum planning and curriculum development;
- Encouraged to participate in professional development through professional organizations and College activities;
- Participate in faculty meetings as requested by the Program Director; and
- Assist with the purchase of equipment and supplies as requested
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time employees).
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth 403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors: TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b) post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human Resources Forms.
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public Safety to use on all campuses.
Sick and Safe Leave
CCBC is pleased to offer paid sick and safe leave for part-time employees. Paid sick and safe leave is earned by all part-time employees including credit and non-credit adjunct faculty, part-time associates and other part-time employees.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert