The Psychology Department at Edgewood College invites applications for a tenure track position as an Assistant Professor of Psychology to begin in Fall of 2023. We seek an individual with expertise in Clinical and/or Counseling Psychology preferably with a focus in Substance Use Disorders.
The Psychology Department offers a general Psychology major as well as concentrations in Clinical/Counseling, Substance Use, Human Services and a major in Neuroscience. The Psychology faculty share a collaborative research space, the Psychology Research Center, which has video/audio recording for observations, physiological data collection, and virtual reality to engage students in the research process.
The successful candidate will be able to teach Clinical and Counseling courses such as Introduction to Psychotherapies and Psychological Assessment. The candidate will also be able to teach specialized therapy courses in their area of expertise, as well as Substance Use courses such as Drugs and Behavior and Assessment & Treatment. Finally, the successful candidate will serve as coordinator of the Substance Use Concentration and lead the Psychology internship seminar.
- Plan and teach courses, facilitate student learning, and contribute to assessment of those courses.
- Serve as an academic advisor to Psychology majors and minors.
- Collaborate with Psychology Faculty in departmental governance.
- Engage undergraduate students in research experiences.
- Facilitate community-based internships with undergraduate students.
- Participate in college governance.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- Ph.D or Psy.D in Psychology
- Experience teaching on the college level.
- Experience with Substance Use Disorders.
- Candidates must demonstrate commitment to teaching excellence with a focus on student learning through active and applied strategies.
- Candidates will have a record of research and a plan for engaging undergraduates in their research.
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To Apply: Applications received by January 9, 2023 will be given first consideration, although applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. Send a letter of application, CV, teaching philosophy, statement of research interests, diversity statement (a summary of your contributions or planned contributions to diversity and inclusion), and a list of three (3) references to:
Human Resources –APPY
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer