Executive Director, Marketing &
Administrative -Full time
Marketing and Communications
Commensurate with experience
Who we are:
We are not-for-profit:
St. Louis Community college (STLCC)
is a non-profit institution dedicated to empowering students,
expanding minds, and changing lives. Employees are committed to
strengthening the St. Louis community with inclusive and
We are a respected employer:
For 60 years, STLCC has served
the St. Louis community, expanding to 4 main campuses, 2 education
centers, 2 workforce training centers, and 5 centers of excellence.
More than one-half of the households in St. Louis have at least one
member who has taken classes at STLCC.
We make an impact in the community:
Through credit courses,
continuing education, and workforce development programs, STLCC
annually serves nearly 69,000 students. More than 80% of career and
technical graduates employed in their fields or continue their
education at four-year institutions within six months of
graduation. STLCC sends more transfer students to Missouri’s
four-year colleges/universities than anyone else.
We value Diversity, equity & inclusion:
committed to fostering an atmosphere of appreciation for all
people, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin,
ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or
What you get:
Benefits package [for full-time employees]:
STLCC offers one
of the best benefit packages in the St. Louis area. As a STLCC
employee you will have access to a 100% match on your contribution
to retirement, two health insurance plans options that are no cost
to the employee - including an HSA option, low-cost life insurance
with a 3x salary benefit, and other low-cost benefits including
dental, vision, AD&D, ST LT disability insurance.
Opportunity to grow:
Over half of our employees have served
the college for more than 12 years, exploring different career
paths and advancing to higher level positions.
Education & training opportunities:
STLCC offers tuition
waivers for employees [full-time and part-time] + their dependents.
Full-time employees can take advantage of tuition reimbursement for
other institutions after just 6 months of service, and an annual
professional development allotment.
Full-time STLCC employees have access to
a generous time off package, including holidays, vacation, personal
days, medical leave, and other leave options. Our holiday schedule
even includes a paid winter holiday at the end of the calendar
Commitment to wellness:
STLCC HR boasts a dedicated health
and wellness specialist who is enthusiastic about creating a
culture of wellness throughout the College. With access to college
wellness vendors, employees are educated, motivated, and rewarded
for healthy behaviors. STLCC employees and anyone living in their
household also have access to an employee assistance program (EAP)
that can help them with virtually any life need.
The basics of this position:
Responsible for all district-wide marketing, advertising, community
relations and communications efforts, including web content and
graphic design. Plans, develops and implements comprehensive public
information and marketing initiatives, including competitive
positioning, marketing and advertising strategy, and consistent
brand image. Serves as public information official for the College,
responsible for coordination and oversight of TV/radio advertising,
print advertising, marketing collateral, digital media, direct
mail, e-mail marketing programs, and branding.
What you'll do:
Education, experience, and other requirements:
- Develops, implements, executes, measures, and refines the
college's marketing, communications,advertising, public relations,
and digital media strategies.
- Directs and coordinates the strategic and tactical elements of
marketing, communications, advertising, public relations, and
digital media resources.
- Delivers campaigns to generate student, faculty,
administration, community, government, and other stakeholder
- Manages the St. Louis Community College brand, increases
awareness, and drives positive internal and external
- Provides senior level counsel across campuses and departments
Serves as chief spokesperson for the college Directs public and
community relations activities.
- Ensures consistent marketing and communication of the brand and
its position through all vehicles and to all constituencies.
- Proactively manages media interest in the college and builds
key relationships with targeted and appropriate members of the
- Responds to incoming media requests.
- Directs outside marketing, advertising, communications, public
relations, and digital media agencies.
- Provides writing, presentations and media coaching for
Chancellor and senior team members Directs all creation of
marketing collateral, advertising, communications, public
relations, and digital media.
- Establishes missions, goals, and objectives and ensure and
- Manages department, vendor, and agency budgets.
- Creates consistent and effective communications platforms.
- Develops and implements strategies to identify lead
- Reports on key metrics for marketing programs. Develops the
college's PR, media, and crisis response plans.
- Develops and administers all promotional and marketing
- Builds external relationships in the community to best position
STLCC as a vested and important community member.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Proven progressively responsible experience in marketing,
advertising, journalism, communications,or related fields and
experience in social and emerging media management for a major
brand or agency.
- In-depth knowledge of adaptive marketing, broadcast and print
advertising, internal and external communications, digital and
social media, and brand strategy development and management.
- Proven experience in developing successful marketing,
advertising, communications, public relations, and digital media
strategies and campaigns.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate
individuals to work effectively and accomplish key objectives.
- Successful issues and crisis management communication
- Ability to rapidly design and adapt strategies, plans, and
messaging to achieve mission goals.
- Digital and new media channels expertise to engage, compel, and
call to action key constituents.
- Excellent written, presentation, verbal, and coaching skills
Demonstrated ability to understand the infrastructure requirements
of “marketing,” broadly defined, including marketing automation,
digital marketing, and business intelligence.