Psychology, Assistant Professor (AA24007)
- Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Minnesota, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 8, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Computer Sciences & Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Psychology, Assistant Professor (AA24007)
Division: Academic Affairs
Department: Humanities & Social Sciences, College of
Unit: Psychology209, IFO
Employment Condition: Probationary
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin on November 29, 2022 and continue until the position is filled.
POSITION: Tenure-Track (Probationary*)
Salary Type: Depends on qualifications
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 209, IFO
Successful candidate will be prepared to contribute teaching and research to the Cognition and Biological Psychology major core, and courses in the Cognitive Science interdisciplinary major. Teaching responsibilities may include, but are not limited to Introduction to Cognitive Science and Introduction to Cognitive Psychology.
- A typical faculty workload responsibility may include up to twenty four (24) credits of instruction per academic year.
- The successful candidate may need to teach in other areas as assigned and qualified.
- May be expected to develop and deliver face-to-face, hybrid, and on-line instruction at the Mankato campus, online, and/or at the university's additional locations, as assigned.
- The successful candidate will collaborate with colleagues in curriculum design, instruction and evaluation, conduct research productively and mentor students in research, help create innovative strategies for student recruitment, retention, and completion, and may be expected to develop external grant funding opportunities.
- All faculty members are expected to engage in scholarly or creative activity or research, in continuing preparation and study, in contributing to student growth and development, and in providing service to the university and community (See Article 22 and Appendix G of the IFO Master Agreement).
- This position will advise undergraduate majors.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching undergraduate courses in Introduction to Cognitive Science and Introduction to Cognitive.
- Doctorate or terminal degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, or related field. (ABD candidates will be considered. Dissertation must be defended by May 31, 2024 and the degree must be conferred on an official transcript and received in Human Resources by June 30, 2024.)
- Documented success or evidence of potential success in college level instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to serve a diverse population and apply an equity lens to this position including social justice and/or anti-racism.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- Demonstrated effective written, oral communication and/or presentation skills.
- Demonstrated preparation to teach, advise, and support a wide variety of students.
- Demonstrated potential to develop a course in candidate’s area of expertise to contribute to the Psychology and Cognitive Science undergraduate programs.
- Demonstrated ability to teach using technology in the classroom and/or online course delivery.
- Demonstrated potential for continued professional development, research productivity, and willingness to involve students in research.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:The College of Humanities and Social Sciences is committed to building diverse, equitable, and inclusive communities. We encourage our students to be bold in their pursuit of learning and we aspire to provide them with transformative experiences that will enable them to better understand the people and cultures of the world and thrive in a diverse, globally connected workplace. We welcome innovative candidates committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive campus that serves all of our students and works to realize their intellectual success and career aspirations. We strive to foster a collaborative, interdisciplinary environment across all of our programs that encourages a culture of faculty research, professional development, and student success.
University Demographics Minnesota State University, Mankato is a member of the Minnesota State system. Minnesota State has established a strategic vision, Equity 2030, which aims to close the educational equity gaps across race and ethnicity, socioeconomic status, ability, and geographic location by the end of the decade at every Minnesota State college and university and to provide an opportunity for all Minnesotans to create a better future for themselves, for their families, and for their communities. The focus of the work includes:· Enhancing access and student success.· Providing Minnesota with the talent it needs.· Anchoring the communities and regions we serve.Equity 2030 seeks to bridge efforts occurring within divisions and institutions, creating an intentional statewide culture of equity-minded collaboration and resulting in equitable practice embedded throughout our institutions. The full Equity 2030 plan is linked here. https://www.minnstate.edu/Equity2030/index.html Minnesota State University, Mankato has identified five broad themes as our basis for discussion in developing our next comprehensive strategic plan. The themes are Serving Students and Managing Enrollment, Focusing our Resources, Offering an Exceptional Student Experience, Caring for Health and Well-Being, and Ensuring a Welcoming, Equitable, and Inclusive University. We seek to attract teacher-scholars who will be culturally and academically diverse faculty members, and staff with a demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. Minnesota State University, Mankato, is student-centered and focuses on applied research that expands knowledge; improves learning; and serves the region, state, and nation.Founded as a Normal School in 1868, Minnesota State University, Mankato is now the second largest university in Minnesota with a tradition of combining big-ideas with real-world thinking to find solutions for pressing problems in the state, region, and global society. Mankato, Minnesota, is a community of nearly 44,500 people, about 85 miles southwest of the twin cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. The University acknowledges the land and the tribal nations upon this land whose work is being accomplished. We acknowledge that we are on Dakota land. We also take the opportunity to recognize that we live, work, and learn in the homeland of the Dakota people, whose language frames our name—Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Serving approximately 14,000 students annually, the University is an applied research institution, with more than 200 academic programs, from bachelor’s through doctoral degrees. The University is a diverse and global campus with 18% students of color and 1,175 + international students from 95 countries, cutting-edge information technology solutions and extensive partnerships. With 1,600 faculty and staff, including 700 teaching faculty. The University has additional locations and a growing number of on-line programs to accelerate educational access and opportunity. These locations include partnerships in northern Minnesota’s the iron range region. Fast facts about the university can be found here: https://mankato.mnsu.edu/about-the-university/fast-facts/ APPLICATION PROCEDURES:To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/ A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Non-Photo Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief (no more than one-page) diversity statement defining
diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and describing your views
and actions toward advancing DEI including dimensions of social
justice and racial equity related to race, gender, ability and
culture. How would your views and prior actions regarding
diversity, equity and inclusion align with Minnesota State
University, Mankato’s goals?
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: https://admin.mnsu.edu/human-resources/our-benefits/bargaining-units-and-personnel-plans/.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years’ worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/ You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Select the IFO Summary (Faculty) link from the list for specifics of that plan.
Posting Number: M270M
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date: 08/14/2023
Position End Date (if temporary):
Open Date: 11/08/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/postings/2259
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System. jeid-791fb156ffca5a43a5f34fc9d188b4d9
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert