DATE ANNOUNCED: November 2022
POSITION: Assistant Professor of Music (Director of Bands)- commensurate with experience; tenure-track, 9-month contract
STARTING DATE: Fall 2023
DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
• PhD or DMA in Instrumental Conducting OR related degree; ABD considered
• Proven success in student recruitment
• Successful and innovative college-level teaching OR experience as a program director
• Fulfilled administrative duties within a music department (curriculum organization, staffing)
• Teaching experience at the secondary level
Successful candidates will also have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational and work environment and must be willing to support the College’s mission and contribute to the strategic plan and inclusion efforts.
- Serve as the Wartburg Director of Bands/Director of Wind Ensemble: oversee all aspects of the Wartburg College Concert Bands. May include direction of a second ensemble, such as the Symphonic Band. Teach courses in music education and/or conducting. May include lessons in an applied area. Lead band recruitment activities.
Send resume/curriculum vitae, unofficial graduate transcripts, contact information for three current references, videos of recent performances (2 minimum) and a letter of application describing your teaching, scholarship, and service experience/interests and how these will support the distinctive mission and institutional learning outcomes of Wartburg College. Please also address any experiences you have working with diverse groups of students. This information should be submitted electronically to: HR@wartburg.edu or by regular mail to: Jamie Hollaway, Director of Human Resources, Wartburg College, 100 Wartburg Blvd., Waverly, IA 50677-1003. For further information about the college and the city of Waverly, see http://www.wartburg.edu, and specifically about Music Programs, see http://www.wartburg.edu/music/. Wartburg College requires a criminal background check for position finalists.