Senior Auditor, Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Office
- University of Montana
- Montana, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 8, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Financial Affairs, Legal Affairs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Application instructions are located at the bottom of the page. Please apply directly through the University of Montana's career portal UM Jobs at https://umjobs.silkroad.com/ for positions at the University of Montana – Missoula, University of Montana Western (Dillon), and Helena College. Do not apply through Indeed.com or use easy apply through Indeed.com * .
The Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Office invites applications for an Senior Auditor (Auditor II) position. The individual in this role will perform financial, compliance and operational audits across the University of Montana (UM) affiliation. This involves thoroughly reviewing documentation supporting audit findings for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and Board of Regents/UM policies. As the Auditor II, you will also perform follow-up reviews to ensure that audit recommendations were implemented by the agreed-upon due dates and act as liaison with external audit agencies as needed.
This position requires incumbent to develop a working knowledge of all relevant University of Montana policies and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of auditing standards with the ability to apply them effectively in a variety of situations
- Self-started with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work efficiently and productively while consistently meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to form highly functional professional relationships with key stakeholders throughout campus
- Team player with the ability to work independently when necessary
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Willingness and ability to learn new applications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration or a directly related field and least one (1) year of working within a business, financial, or auditing setting experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Professional certifications (e.g. Certified Internal Auditor or Certified Public Accountant) are considered highly preferred for this position
The Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Office provides an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value to and improve the operations of the University of Montana.
The University of Montana is flagship, research institution with approximately 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 75,000, surrounded by mountains and three rivers converge. Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- City of Missoula
- The State of Montana
Position Title: Senior Auditor (Auditor II)
Position Number: 002280
Department: The Office of Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday, 12 months/year.
Union Affiliation: None
Probationary Period: Six (6) months minimum.
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Wednesday, January 11, 2023 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by this date will be guaranteed consideration. To receive full consideration, candidates are required to submit all of the following materials.
Please submit the following application materials** via the UM Jobs portal and by clicking "New Resume/CV" button. Please do not apply through Indeed.com*.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience.
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
* Applying through Indeed.com or easy apply through Indeed.com may result in submission of an incomplete application. Applications may be removed from full consideration if they are not complete with materials listed above under the "How to Apply" section. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure complete application materials are submitted and received by the date listed above.
** Please note: only five (5) attachments are allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert