Part-time Faculty, Engineering
- Palomar College
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 7, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Humanities, Ethnic & Multicultural Studies
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Part-time Faculty, Engineering
Department: Physics and Engineering Department
Date Opened: 11/07/2022
Close Date: 11/7/2024
Salary: For salary and placement information, visit www.palomar.edu/hr/employees/classifications/salary/ and use the links in the Part-time Faculty section.
Benefits: For information about part-time faculty health benefits, visit www.palomar.edu/hr/employees/personnel/ptfaculty.
Part-time faculty employees are eligible to elect membership in one of the following retirement plans:
- CalSTRS (California State Teachers Retirement System)
- APPLE (Accumulation Program for Part-Time Limited-Service Employees)
Must meet one of the sets of qualifications listed under 1) through 4):
- A Master’s in any field of engineering.
- A Bachelor’s in any of the above AND a Master’s in mathematics, physics, computer science, chemistry or geology.
- A Bachelor’s in any field of engineering with a professional engineer’s license is an alternative qualification for this discipline, pursuant to Title 5, Section 53410.1 of the California Code of Regulations.
- A combination of education and experience that is at least the
equivalent of the qualifications in 1) through 3) above. You must
complete and attach the Application for Equivalency form (www.palomar.edu/hr/equivalency-app/),
if you do not possess the specific minimum qualifications as stated
above, which includes degrees that have not been awarded at the
time of submitting the application.
Diversity Statement: Palomar College serves over 30,000 students from a variety of backgrounds and we are proud to be a Hispanic Serving Institution. Our student body is rich in its diversity. Click here to see a quick overview of our student demographics on our recent Student Fact Sheet.
Palomar College is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, access and antiracism. We are dedicated to empowering students to succeed and are guided by our core values; some of which are the following:
- Access - We make education possible for everyone.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - We recognize and respect
diversity, seek to foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, and
strive to address inequities.
All positions require cultural competency which includes the sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff.
To Apply: Visit https://palomar.peopleadmin.com/postings/22439 for full details and required application materials.
About the District:
Palomar College, founded in 1946, is a comprehensive, two-year community college that serves the greater North San Diego County region. Palomar College offers over 200 associate degrees and certificate programs to approximately 25,000 full- and part-time students. A favorite in the community among local institutions of higher education, the College is recognized as one of the top 100 Colleges and Universities in the nation for serving Hispanic students. Palomar College is just 12 miles from the Pacific Ocean and 30 miles away from all of the exciting cultural activities that San Diego has to offer.
Palomar College is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert