Associate Director of Academic and Community Partnerships
- Northeastern University
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 4, 2022
- Position Type
- Executive, Other Executive
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Associate Director of Academic and Community Partnerships
About the Opportunity
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
The mission of Northeastern University Toronto campus is to educate students for a life of fulfillment and accomplishment, to create and translate knowledge to meet global and societal needs, and to create a positive impact in the Greater Toronto Area and across the province. The Associate Director of Academic and Community Partnerships will help the campus to advance these closely related priorities by leading the development of collaborations with post-secondary institutions and community organizations. This will include identifying, negotiating, finalizing, and nurturing academic pathways, teaching and research collaborations, joint student activities, and other engagements with peer institutions. It will also include the identification and facilitation of opportunities for community-engaged experiential learning, staff and student engagement with community organizations, and faculty-driven skills development trainings.
The Associate Director of Academic and Community Partnerships will be responsible for establishing and managing the ongoing engagements associated with these partnerships. The Associate Director will work closely with colleagues across the Toronto campus and Northeastern to achieve the goals established for each partner engagement. Day-to-day work will include meeting with potential partners to share information about Northeastern University and to explore potential collaborations. It will also involve meeting with current partners to ensure that the objectives associated with existing partnerships are being met. The Associate Director will collect, analyze, and thoughtfully present data related to ongoing partnerships in order to inform future programming and partnerships.
The focus of the Associate Director of Academic and Community Partnerships position is to ensure positive partner experiences and to optimize the strategic value of each relationship for all parties. The role requires strong institutional awareness and excellent communication both externally and cross-functionally within the organization. Successful candidates will be passionate about engaging partners and able to accurately convey the core mission and values of the Toronto campus. They will possess strong customer management skills, relational skills, and exceptional project management skills.
- Bachelors degree; Masters degree preferred
- 5 years of professional work experience, preferably in higher education, partnership development, and/or the Ontario non-profit sector
- Strong understanding of the Ontario higher education and community services landscape
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills; ability to function effectively as a representative of the Toronto campus
- Ability to develop a strategic plan and to take initiative in order to achieve the strategic objectives
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources, including information related to academic programs
- Strong oral and written communication skills; the ability to write clearly and concisely (e.g. program overview documents)
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with colleagues, including senior administrators and faculty members, to advance campus priorities
- Strong project management skills
Preferred Skills, Experience
- Project Management
KEY RESPONSIILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Research, develop, finalize, and nurture academic pathways with peer institutions in Ontario and across Canada. This will involve working with a wide range of stakeholders, including peer institutions, Northeastern colleges and faculty members, representatives of Northeastern recruitment and enrolment, and Northeastern's Office of the Provost.
- Research and develop other kinds of engagement with peer institutions, including research and teaching collaborations, joint student events, space sharing agreements.
- Identify and lead community engagement opportunities, including community-engaged experiential learning, staff and student engagement with community organizations, faculty-driven skills development trainings, volunteer days, and others.
- Lead and execute on- and off-campus events associated with community partnerships
- Work with colleagues across Northeastern's global campus network to scale best practices and to develop initiatives with a global reach.
- Collect and synthesize data related to ongoing partner engagements.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Marketing and Communications
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Toronto-ON-Canada/Associate-Director-of-Academic-and-Community-Partnerships_R110479
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert