Visiting Assistant Professor of Political Science (One Year Appointment)
- High Point University
- High Point, North Carolina
- Commensurate with experience
- Posted Date
- Nov 7, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Political Science & International Relations
- Employment Level
- Non-Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Department of Political Science at High Point University invites applications for a full-time faculty position at the undergraduate level in Comparative Politics/Government or International Relations (specialization open).
This is a one-year, position. The starting date is August 2023 and will end May 2024.
- PhD in Political Science or ABD status with evidence of progress toward completing the dissertation is required.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability: Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching and student mentorship. Demonstrate ability to publish research within at least one subdiscipline of Political Science.
- Teaching three courses at the undergraduate level per semester.
- Teaching responsibilities may include Comparative Politics/Government (e.g. PSC 2510 Comparing Foreign Political Systems within the HPU core curriculum) and International Relations (PSC 2710 International Relations within the HPU core curriculum) as well as other courses within the political science department, depending on areas of expertise.
- Candidates should be actively engaged in scholarship.
Please attach all of the following required application materials in the Faculty Application Documents Upload section of the online application.
All application materials listed below should be uploaded as ONE file/attachment:
- Cover letter describing which position is sought.
- Current curriculum vitae
- A statement of teaching philosophy and experience, and evidence of teaching excellence
- A list of courses applicant is qualified to teach
- Graduate transcripts
- Reprints or pre-prints of peer reviewed articles or other scholarly publications
- Contact information for three professional references
- A statement of research interests, including a description of the applicant’s research program.
In addition, applicants should arrange for three confidential letters of recommendation to be sent electronically to Dean Ken Elston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications received prior to January 6, 2023 will receive full consideration.
At High Point University the faculty and staff are devoted to ensuring every student receives an extraordinary education in an inspiring environment with caring people. High Point University is a God, family and country school. High Point University does not sponsor H1-B Visas. High Point University prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status and other legally protected statuses. The university considers a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core component of our mission and encourages all applicants to apply.
For more information regarding this position, please contact Dr. Martin Kifer, Chair and Associate Professor, Political Science and Director, Political Science at email@example.com.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert