Posting Detail Information
Phlebotomy Lab Attendant
Internal Position Title
Phlebotomy Lab Attendant
Biological & Hlth Sciences Div
The Lab Attendant for phlebotomy will assist faculty with the lab
portion of credit-based course in the phlebotomy program.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent oral, written and organizational skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Associate degree or higher OR certification in Phlebotomy OR
certification in Medical assisting OR certificate with coursework
in both Phlebotomy and Medical Assisting.
- Work experience in a medical office, laboratory setting or
academic healthcare program.
- Familiarity with safety procedures for the handling of
- Physical ability to lift 25 pounds, maintain program equipment,
and work standing upright with frequent walking for long periods of
- Completed college coursework in phlebotomy, medical assisting,
nurse assisting or other healthcare field.
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
Total Hours per week
Maximum 19 hours per week
Projected work hours will be on Monday through Thursday. Exact work
hours may vary week to week based on lab needs.
Software Testing Required
Excel, MS Word
Interview Process Requirements
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
Summary of Essential Functions
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
- Set up the laboratories for medical assisting and
- Restock supply cabinets and dispensaries for the phlebotomy
- Assist with maintaining equipment for phlebotomy
- Assist in quality assurance and safety protocols.
- Provide information related to Lakeshore health programs to
prospective students, current students, community members, alumni,
advisory board committee members, and other constituencies.
- Assist students and faculty with maintaining records for
accreditation, recruitment, retention, and completion
- Perform other related duties for the phlebotomy program as
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Have you completed college coursework in phlebotomy, medical
assisting, nurse assisting or other healthcare field?
- * Do you have an Associate's degree or higher OR a
certification in Phlebotomy or Medical assisting OR a certificate
with coursework in both Phlebotomy and Medical Assisting?
- * Do you have work experience in a medical office, laboratory
setting or academic healthcare program?
- * Are you familiar with safety procedures for the handling of
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1