Lake-Sumter State College
delivers student success through
personal attention and flexible pathways leading to rewarding
careers and higher wages. We are committed to:
We invite you to join us in our commitment to student
- Caring about each individual student, our peers, and our
- Communicating to ensure clarity and transparency,
- Collaboration, knowing that the best possible outcomes
are ensured when there is a sharing of ideas.
The Financial Aid Counselor provides financial aid counseling to
all students and parents and serves as the point of contact for
students with unusual circumstances where decision discretion needs
to be exercised. Responsible for the management of financial aid
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
1. Completing Return of Title IV process including end of semester
unofficial withdrawal report.
2. Processing verifications and corrections through Banner.
3. Assisting with Course out of Program evaluations.
4. Updating Federal Aid based on ISIR comparison report.
5. Serving as committee for SAP and PJ Appeals.
6. Responsible for managing Federal Work-Study Program to include
reconciliation, posting jobs, career fairs, supervisor orientations
and creating and maintaining Work-study manual.
7. Processing scholarships, maintaining loans, and certifying
8. Award, monitor, report and reconcile State Programs.
9. Assist with all backend processing of financial aid
10. Providing office assistance and backup coverage for phone,
emails, virtual, chat and walk in customers.
11. Maintaining Financial Aid procedures folder.
12. Assist in facilitating on and off campus workshops
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Minimum three years of financial aid student
Two years of Banner/Ellucian experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
* Demonstrated knowledge of Banner or comparable software.
* Proficient in using COD, NSLDS and FAA Access.
* Being student oriented/focused.
* Financial aid experience in day-to-day operations of federal,
state and local programs.
* Knowledge of awarding and disbursing financial aid.
* Ability to work in a high paced environment.
* Strong mathematical aptitude and attention to details.
* Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
* Proficient with Microsoft Suite.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
* Knowledge of grammar, punctuation and correspondence forms.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and projects
* Ability to exercise important human relations skills in
establishing and maintaining effective working relations.
* Ability to exercise discretion in decision making.
* Ability to read and interpret federal and state rules and