Financial Aid Counselor
- Lake-Sumter State College
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 3, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Financial Affairs, Student Affairs, Financial Aid, Other Student Affairs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Lake-Sumter State College delivers student success through personal attention and flexible pathways leading to rewarding careers and higher wages. We are committed to:
- Caring about each individual student, our peers, and our community;
- Communicating to ensure clarity and transparency, and
- Collaboration, knowing that the best possible outcomes are ensured when there is a sharing of ideas.
We invite you to join us in our commitment to student success!
The Financial Aid Counselor provides financial aid counseling to all students and parents and serves as the point of contact for students with unusual circumstances where decision discretion needs to be exercised. Responsible for the management of financial aid processing.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
1. Completing Return of Title IV process including end of semester unofficial withdrawal report.
2. Processing verifications and corrections through Banner.
3. Assisting with Course out of Program evaluations.
4. Updating Federal Aid based on ISIR comparison report.
5. Serving as committee for SAP and PJ Appeals.
6. Responsible for managing Federal Work-Study Program to include reconciliation, posting jobs, career fairs, supervisor orientations and creating and maintaining Work-study manual.
7. Processing scholarships, maintaining loans, and certifying private loans.
8. Award, monitor, report and reconcile State Programs.
9. Assist with all backend processing of financial aid documents.
10. Providing office assistance and backup coverage for phone, emails, virtual, chat and walk in customers.
11. Maintaining Financial Aid procedures folder.
12. Assist in facilitating on and off campus workshops
Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
Required: Minimum three years of financial aid student experience.
Preferred: Two years of Banner/Ellucian experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
* Demonstrated knowledge of Banner or comparable software.
* Proficient in using COD, NSLDS and FAA Access.
* Being student oriented/focused.
* Financial aid experience in day-to-day operations of federal, state and local programs.
* Knowledge of awarding and disbursing financial aid.
* Ability to work in a high paced environment.
* Strong mathematical aptitude and attention to details.
* Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
* Proficient with Microsoft Suite.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Knowledge of grammar, punctuation and correspondence forms.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
* Ability to exercise important human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations.
* Ability to exercise discretion in decision making.
* Ability to read and interpret federal and state rules and regulations.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert