Director of Career Services
- Triton College
- River Grove, Illinois
- Commensurate with experience
- Posted Date
- Nov 4, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Career Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Director of Career Services
River Grove, IL
Triton College, a comprehensive two year institution located in a near western suburb of Chicago, is seeking a Coordinator of Academic Outreach, Circulation Services, to join our team.
Triton College is a collaborative environment where all employees are respected and their talents are valued. Triton supports its diverse workforce of more than 1,600 employees by providing vast professional development opportunities that encourage input and creativity. Generous benefits are available to ensure the health and wellness of employees and their families - and ample paid time off allows for a work/life balance that promotes personal and professional growth.
Provides overall leadership in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for Career Services including job placement, career planning, career development services, Guided Pathways support, and associated adult learner services. Manages the operational, budget and personnel functions of the office.
- Manages the Career Services operation to ensure efficient, timely, and effective programs and services for its users.
- Develops short- and long-range operating plans, including budgets, programs and services, personnel technology/other equipment, and space.
- Provides guidance and leadership to staff, including training, staff evaluation, professional development, and related personnel matters.
- Provides a resource for Guided Pathways programs through identifying and supporting strategies that integrate career development learning into curriculum.
- Develops strong, ongoing relationships with area employers that hire recent college graduates. Promotes Career Services' employment-related services to this constituency.
- Plans and coordinates college events and services that prepare students for internships and employment and provide employment opportunities.
- Plans and implements a comprehensive community-wide information program to promote Career Services functions.
- Monitors budget allocations for personnel, materials, supplies, travel, other contractual and meeting expenses for Career Services and any grant-related budget.
- Promotes Career Services to area employers and community-based organizations.
- Conducts environmental scans to identify emerging student career development needs and evaluate departmental performance.
- Participates in local and state level professional activities which support the mission of Career Services.
- Responsible for the coordination and preparation of regular job placement reports.
- Responsible for the overall administration of grant related activities for Career Services including writing, monitoring, reporting and identifying funding opportunities to assist in sustaining and growing Career Services initiatives and activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Under the direct supervision of the AVP of Academic Innovation and Workforce Education.
- Supervision of all departmental staff.
- Holds a Master's degree in business, educational administration, counseling, college student personnel or related field.
- Has a minimum of five (5) years of managerial experience in career planning and employment work, preferably in a centralized operation.
- Experience in program development, supervision and evaluation, budgeting, and automating business processes is required.
- Has knowledge of career planning and job placement materials and procedures, employer recruitment strategies, and associated career development programs and services.
- Has demonstrated the ability to manage and supervise personnel in a career planning and/or job placement setting; has excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop innovative career development and placement programs for students and community members.
To apply, please visit our website at:
Triton College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert