This position will work with the VetHERO Program and will be
officed in the VetHERO Center. The VetHERO program consists of The
VetHERO Center, TRIO SSS-Salute, and the TRIO VUB Upward Bound
programs. Together these programs are committed to providing
exceptional services and support for veterans and
military-connected students enrollment services, mentoring, and
campus/community engagement. VetHERO aims to create better
educational opportunities by facilitating finances, academic
assistance, and veteran support for military members and their
families at UCO and the surrounding community.
The VetHERO Site Supervisor will provide
support to the VetHERO Programs by managing the VetHERO Center
Reception area, receiving, and directing telephone calls and
visitors to the appropriate office or program, and assist supervise
student employees assigned to reception tasks. 20 Hours per week,
between the hours of 8am - 5pm.
Performs work under the general supervision of
the Director of Pre-College Adult TRIO Programs.
- Provides morning reception coverage and opens the VetHERO
- Receives and directs visitors to appropriate staff, program, or
- Assists with the supervision of student employees working
- Maintain the front reception and welcome area
- Functions as assistant building captain and creates service
- Receives and responds to correspondence, answers, and directs
telephone calls, and assist manage VetHERO email inbox as
- Receives and distributes mail and packages
- Set up for meetings and events taking place in the VetHERO
- Helps maintain in/out calendar for all VetHERO Staff
- Attend required training and events supporting federal program
objectives and services
- Attend TRIO Workshops and other UCO Related Programming, as
This is a grant funded position contingent on available grant
Requires general education or vocational training or equivalent
combination of education and experience. General understanding and
use of office equipment and software programs. Strong
organizational and time management skills. Must be open to diverse
and veteran cultures, practices, and orientations and display
sensitivity to controversial topics.
TRIO background and military connected, with a minimum of one-year
experience in an office setting and/or office management, policies,
and procedures. Experience in a Higher Education environment.
Detail oriented, dependable, and thorough, and have sensitivity to
intercultural communication, and good interpersonal skills.
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may
be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform essential functions.