VetHERO Center Site Supervisor-CARES
- University of Central Oklahoma
- Oklahoma, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 4, 2022
This position will work with the VetHERO Program and will be officed in the VetHERO Center. The VetHERO program consists of The VetHERO Center, TRIO SSS-Salute, and the TRIO VUB Upward Bound programs. Together these programs are committed to providing exceptional services and support for veterans and military-connected students enrollment services, mentoring, and campus/community engagement. VetHERO aims to create better educational opportunities by facilitating finances, academic assistance, and veteran support for military members and their families at UCO and the surrounding community.
Job Summary: The VetHERO Site Supervisor will provide support to the VetHERO Programs by managing the VetHERO Center Reception area, receiving, and directing telephone calls and visitors to the appropriate office or program, and assist supervise student employees assigned to reception tasks. 20 Hours per week, between the hours of 8am - 5pm.
Job Duties: Performs work under the general supervision of the Director of Pre-College Adult TRIO Programs.
- Provides morning reception coverage and opens the VetHERO Center
- Receives and directs visitors to appropriate staff, program, or office
- Assists with the supervision of student employees working reception.
- Maintain the front reception and welcome area
- Functions as assistant building captain and creates service tickets
- Receives and responds to correspondence, answers, and directs telephone calls, and assist manage VetHERO email inbox as needed
- Receives and distributes mail and packages
- Set up for meetings and events taking place in the VetHERO Center
- Helps maintain in/out calendar for all VetHERO Staff
- Attend required training and events supporting federal program objectives and services
- Attend TRIO Workshops and other UCO Related Programming, as needed
Requires general education or vocational training or equivalent combination of education and experience. General understanding and use of office equipment and software programs. Strong organizational and time management skills. Must be open to diverse and veteran cultures, practices, and orientations and display sensitivity to controversial topics.
TRIO background and military connected, with a minimum of one-year experience in an office setting and/or office management, policies, and procedures. Experience in a Higher Education environment. Detail oriented, dependable, and thorough, and have sensitivity to intercultural communication, and good interpersonal skills.
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert