Open Until Filled
Department this Position Reports to
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
Location of Position
Parkhurst Hall, Suite 111
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
The Provost Office supports a variety of services across the
division and campus in support of the academic mission of Dartmouth
College. Strategic Initiatives, Pandemic Management Support, and
Provost’s Office coverage are part of the infrastructure essential
to the success of the division and institution. The
supports these functions as well
as new and ongoing initiatives through primary calendar and project
support for those leading these efforts in the Provost Office and
contributes to the overall smooth operation of the Provost’s
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
Bachelors or equivalent combination of education and
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and
* Three years of office experience in a related field, with some
* Two years of experience in a program or event office, ensuring
the smooth operation of all aspects of meetings and events.
* In-depth knowledge of office procedures.
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to set priorities
and adhere to deadlines.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products and database
* Demonstrated skill in problem-solving, decision-making, and
* Ability to generate content and update web pages.
* Demonstrated writing and proofreading skills.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at one time.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a
wide range of constituencies both on- and off-campus.
* Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and to handling highly
* Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse
* Experience in Higher Education preferred.
* Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Kenya Tyson, Senior Associate Provost
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We
prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any
other legally protected status. Applications by members of all
underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and
successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which
may include a criminal background check, reference checks,
verification of work history, and verification of any required
academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results
acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not
automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background
check information will be used in a confidential,
non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal
Special Instructions to Applicants
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or
remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against
COVID -19 (or to have received an approved exemption from
vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and
Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy
for details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of
employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment within the
first 30 days may result in Dartmouth in its sole discretion ending
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of
tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited
in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated
or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details,
please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
Pandemic Project Management Support
– Specific duties
- Maintaining peer+quarter school comparison data
- Communications – monitoring email inboxes, assists with written
communications, policies, presentations, etc.
- Research and meetings when needed.
Percentage Of Time
Provost’s Office Admin
establishes rapport with all visitors and individuals contacting
- Provides information regarding the office’s areas of purview;
works effectively, professionally, and sensitively with a diverse
group of external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts
at all levels of the institution.
- Cross-trains with other administrative staff to provide seamless
backup and support in the Provost’s Office as needed.
Percentage Of Time
Provides high-level support for other strategic initiatives in the
Provost’s office as assigned.
Percentage Of Time
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural
awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered 'Other' to the above question, please specify
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter