Senior Maintenance Mechanic
- Florida Memorial University
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 4, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Professional Fields, Vocational & Technical Fields, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Facilities Management & Physical Plant
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Senior Maintenance Mechanic will provide electrical services with specific responsibility for identifying repair and/or replacement needs; installing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading electrical systems and equipment; assisting other skilled trades; and ensuring that tools and materials are available at the job site.
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical control, wiring, and lighting systems.
- Reading technical diagrams and blueprints.
- Performing general electrical maintenance.
- Inspecting transformers, circuit breakers, and other electrical components.
- Troubleshooting electrical issues using appropriate testing devices.
- Repairing and replacing equipment, electrical wiring, and fixtures.
- Following National Electrical Code state and local building regulations.
- Performing circuit breaker corrective maintenance.
- Maintaining good knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems as well as various testing equipment.
- Document all work in the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) system.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training, and hazard assessments.
- Is proficient in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Fluently read, and write English for safety and productivity reasons.
- Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities assigned.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well alone and in a team.
- Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.)
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average-weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience preferred.
- Holds appropriate license/certification for the specific work to be done in the city and state in which the work will be done.
- 6 or more years of related work experience.
- Willingness to be open to learning and and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity considering FMU time and attendance
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays & Emergency On-Calls.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift or move up to 50
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background-check and drug testing.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert