Senior Maintenance Mechanic
will provide electrical
services with specific responsibility for identifying repair and/or
replacement needs; installing, repairing, maintaining, and
upgrading electrical systems and equipment; assisting other skilled
trades; and ensuring that tools and materials are available at the
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical control,
wiring, and lighting systems.
- Reading technical diagrams and blueprints.
- Performing general electrical maintenance.
- Inspecting transformers, circuit breakers, and other electrical
- Troubleshooting electrical issues using appropriate testing
- Repairing and replacing equipment, electrical wiring, and
- Following National Electrical Code state and local building
- Performing circuit breaker corrective maintenance.
- Maintaining good knowledge of heating and air conditioning
systems as well as various testing equipment.
- Document all work in the Computer Maintenance Management System
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training, and
- Is proficient in all OSHA and local requirements related to all
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- Fluently read, and write English for safety and productivity
- Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities assigned.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to
others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all
coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, faculty,
staff and students.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well alone and in a team.
- Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting,
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements
related to all assigned work.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of
average-weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking
for more than four (4) hours per day.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- Holds appropriate license/certification for the specific work
to be done in the city and state in which the work will be
- 6 or more years of related work experience.
- Willingness to be open to learning and and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity considering FMU time and attendance
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays &
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift or move up to 50
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background-check
and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity