Assistant Professor of Public Administration
School of Government and International Affairs
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a nine-month, tenure track Assistant Professor of Public Administration faculty position in the School of Government and International Affairs to begin August 2023.
Strong scholarship, along with a commitment to excellence in teaching and engagement, is expected of all faculty members in the Norman J. Radow College of Humanities and Social Sciences at KSU.
- Primary teaching responsibilities include graduate courses in the Master of Public Administration and Master of International Policy Management programs, as well as undergraduate courses in the School of Government and International Affairs.
- The position requires an active research agenda and typically carries a 3-2 teaching load.
- Faculty in the department teach in a variety of modalities including face-to-face, hybrid, and online.
- The successful applicant will maintain a productive research program that can successfully compete for external funding.
- The successful candidate will also contribute to student advising and other service responsibilities.
Teaching assignments will be based on earned degrees and SACSCOC Faculty Credentials Guidelines.
An earned Ph.D., or the foreign equivalent, in public administration or a closely related field is required by August 1, 2023, as well as a record of effective university teaching and demonstrated potential for research.
Preferred Qualifications Include
- Capability to teach and/or experience in teaching Public Policy
- Experience teaching on-line or hybrid courses
- Evidence of teaching and working with a culturally and an ethnically diverse community
- Record of excellence in past teaching at the undergraduate or graduate level
- Strong research program that can effectively compete for external funding
- Record of commitment to service and engagement.
- Policy-related research in Asian politics or general comparative/IR topics.
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php. Search for Job ID 251324.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia’s largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.