TUTOR PART-TIME – EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
Olive-Harvey College currently has an opening for a part-time Tutor
in Early Childhood Education. This position is responsible for
bridging the gap between the college and the needs of the student.
This position also helps students make academic progress, while
promoting independent learning and self-reliance. If you are
interested in working in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working
with students, consider joining our team
- Provides academic assistance to assigned tutees, either in a
group or individually.
- Establishes liaison with the instructor and works under the
instructor’s direction to assist the student.
- Attends periodic training sessions given by staff members to
increase competency in working with students.
- Maintains records on each student who is being tutored,
including follow-up and periodic assessment.
- Schedules tutoring appointments.
- Provides evaluations and other reports as required by
- Helps students develop positive attitudes toward learning and
studying and helps students develop a high level of motivation in
- Assists students in achieving a better understanding of
specific subject material and in improving academic capabilities in
- Helps students develop the study skills necessary for academic
- Establishes and maintains rapport with the assigned
- Assists in designing and implementing class cooperative
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in the Child
Development, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education and
Teaching, Education, or a degree in a related field.
- Possess excellent communication skills, and the ability to work
with a diverse student body.
- Must be self-directed and able to complete assignments in a
- Must have flexible availability.
- This position will be scheduled up to 29 hours per week. This
is an in-person role. Must be able to report to campus for each