BOWLING GREEN, OHIO
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
College of Education and Human Development
Assistant Professor in Reading/Literacy, Tenure-track
School of Teaching and Learning
Teaching, scholarship, and service in reading/literacy related to one or more of the following areas:
assessment, cultural and linguistic diversity, disciplinary literacy, multimodal literacy, or reading foundations with emphasis on equity.
The Graduate Reading Programs at Bowling Green State University are housed within the College of Education and Human Development. Our faculty is committed to creating a community of inclusion, collaboration, and respect. This mission is operationalized through iterative practices of inquiry and innovation that enhance the professional preparation of our students, providing them opportunities to engage in leadership and service grounded in experiential learning. The Graduate Reading Programs lead to an Ohio K-12 reading endorsement and a Master of Education degree. Additional work may occur within the undergraduate Inclusive PreK-5 Education Program and/or Middle Childhood Education Program (grades 4-9), depending on experience.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach graduate and undergraduate reading courses (face-to-face, blended, online; 3/3 teaching load) in one or more of the following programs: a) Graduate (K-12) Reading Program; b) Undergraduate Inclusive PreK-5 Education Program; and c) Middle Childhood Education Program (grades 4-9).
- Establish/maintain a productive research line leading to peer-reviewed presentations and publications and engage in grant writing activities as appropriate.
- Participate in student advising and collaborate in program development.
- Contribute to the school, college, university, and the profession through select service activities.
- Earned doctorate in Reading/Literacy, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Curriculum and Instruction, or closely related field with a focus on reading/literacy is required for probationary appointment as Assistant Professor; ABD considered with expected degree completion by August 2023.
- A minimum of two years professional experience teaching literacy (e.g., classroom teacher, special education teacher, reading specialist, or other related service provider in educational settings) or equivalent.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice (e.g., through culturally relevant pedagogy, curriculum development, teaching, service) and preparing educators to work with diverse populations.
- Experience integrating current topics in reading (e.g., dyslexia, the science of reading) within the broader context of literacy research/instruction.
- Effective teaching experience at the college level in multiple modalities.
Salary is commensurate with level of experience.
Effective Date of Employment
The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by November 28, 2022. Files must be submitted at: https://bgsu.hiretouch.com.
Only complete applications will be considered. Application materials include:
- A cover letter that addresses the required and preferred qualifications listed in the position description. In addition, at the center of EDHD’s conceptual framework (http://edhd.bgsu.edu/mvcf) is “A Community of Inclusion, Collaboration, and Respect.” Please describe what equitable and inclusive practices you have used or could use to promote learning across differences.
- Current curriculum vitae.
- Statement of teaching philosophy, experience, and goals.
- Statement of research interests, experience, and goals.
- Names and contact information of three individuals who will be asked to provide current (dated within the past year) letters of reference.
- Transcript indicating the highest degree earned (if ABD, also include doctoral transcript).
Finalists will be required to submit official transcripts. Finalist must authorize and pass a background check prior to an offer of employment being made. Applications must be submitted through https://bgsu.hiretouch.com.
For instructions on how to apply for this position, visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com.
For additional information, contact Dr. Tracy Huziak-Clark, Interim Director, School of Teaching and Learning, College of Education and Human Development, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403-0240. Phone: 419-372-7363; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by November 28, 2022.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities regardless of age, gender identity, genetic information, religion, or sexual orientation. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419‐372‐8421 or email email@example.com.