Shenandoah University’s Office of Physician Assistant Studies is
accepting applications for a Program Coordinator. This is a
part-time benefited position located on our Leesburg - Scholar
Plaza campus in Leesburg, Virginia.
The Program Coordinator works under the direction of the Division
Director. This individual supervises the administrative aspects of
the Program to ensure the proper functioning of day-to-day
operations to ensure that the Program runs efficiently and
effectively in supporting students, faculty, and staff, in a
professional, friendly, effective, and timely way in support of the
mission of the Program and University.
1. Maintains student records
2. Prepares part-time faculty contracts and honoraria
3. Communicates with the registrar’s office regarding semester
class schedules, the graduate catalog, and graduation
4. Tracks program expenditures and processes budget request
5. Assists with planning and execution of major annual events in
the Division including open houses, prospective student interviews,
Division graduation ceremonies, new student orientation, OSCEs,
assessment proctoring, and annual retreats.
6. Assists with the collection of data in preparation of annual and
self-study reports for accreditors
Knowledge skills and abilities:
- Ability to work positively and effectively with all members of
a diverse university community including students, faculty, staff,
and community members.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Fiscal management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- An ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- An understanding of and an appreciation for university policies
- An ability to foster connection and work in collaboration with
partners within the Division, School and University
- Motivation, high energy, and creative problem-solving
Required Level: High school diploma
Preferred Level: Bachelor’s degree
How to Apply:
The complete application will include a cover letter, resume, and
contact information for three professional references. The review
of applications will begin immediately and continue until a
qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University is committed to enriching its educational
experience and culture through the diversity of its faculty,
administration, and staff. All candidates are strongly encouraged
to include a statement in their cover letters addressing ways in
which they may be able to contribute to that commitment.
**Note: A pre-employment background check and a satisfactory
driving record will be required as a condition of hire.
Shenandoah University values the unique and diverse
perspectives of individuals and communities locally and globally
and seeks to foster mutual understanding in an inviting community
where individuals are welcome and respected. The university does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s
status, or on any other basis protected under applicable