Application Integration Developer (Remote-Hybrid Flexibility)
- Colgate University
- New York, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 1, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology, Technology Administration/Other, Chief Technology & Information Officers
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Colgate Information Technology Services ( ITS ) is a dynamic organization that serves the diverse technology needs of the University community. ITS prides itself on exceptional customer service and building creative solutions to meet the unique needs of our liberal arts campus. ITS endeavors to foster an inclusive environment that values diversity, professional development, creativity, and innovation to support the growth of individuals and the organization. Under the leadership of the CIO, ITS is embarking on a strategic planning process to align services and resources with several exciting new initiatives identified in Colgate’s Third Century Plan.
We seek a collaborative and creative developer to join the Services and Shared Infrastructure ( SSI ) team to help improve our application integrations and work on exciting development projects. Immediately after being hired this position will be involved in helping Colgate select and implement an Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS). Once trained on the selected iPaaS solution, this position will have the opportunity to work on integration projects with a variety of technologies, including Oracle and SQL Server databases, UiPath robotic process automation ( RPA ), OnBase workflow processing, and a range of software APIs. This position will also have the opportunity to become knowledgeable in Ellucian Banner, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT, Slate Admission and other third-party SaaS and on-premise software applications by building and supporting integrations.
Accountable for providing technical guidance and implementing solutions for academic and administrative areas of the university. Accountable for developing sustainable integrations and developing in-house solutions when appropriate. Primary accountabilities include becoming knowledgeable in and building and supporting integrations with the SaaS and on-premise software solutions used at Colgate.
Specific accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Primary staff member responsible for supporting and maintaining Colgate iPaaS solution.
- Research, recommend and implement software integration solutions as part of a team. Maximize the usefulness and performance of assigned software and integration points. Deploy upgrades and fixes to assigned software applications. Assist in establishing requirements, methods and procedures for routine maintenance.
- Develop custom solutions where necessary and appropriate. Perform testing, including error handling. Develop user guides and training documentation.
- Follow generally accepted practices in programming and software development, develop application interfaces and integrations.
- Design, create and manage database structures in the development, testing, and production environment.
- Participate in the development of contingency plans including reliable backup and restore procedures.
- Lead small projects and actively participate in assigned projects. Work with other staff members to meet task deadlines and communicate about the project status.
- Experience coding in object-oriented programming languages such as Java or C#, or other structured programming languages such as Python, PHP, Power Shell, etc.
- Basic understanding of APIs.
- Basic proficiency in one or more of the following: Oracle (PL/ SQL ), SQL Server, MySQL, or other database technology.
- One or more years of related professional experience, with an earned Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a related degree, or an equivalent additional professional experience in essential duties and responsibilities, or equivalent school/project work for a recent graduate.
- Demonstrated strength in client contact and communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the academic, cultural, and social diversity in the Colgate University community.
- Expert knowledge in object-oriented programming.
- Experience writing APIs.
- Experience with database data structures and writing database queries (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server).
- Three to five years or more of related professional experience, with an earned Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology.
- Knowledge of relational databases and the ability to create and manage database structures as needed for development and troubleshooting.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related degree or an equivalent of professional related experience or equivalent school/project work for a recent graduate.
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert