Systems Administrator Specialist
- University of Georgia
- Athens, Georgia
- $55,000-$60,000 Commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Posted Date
- Nov 2, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Systems Administrator Specialist reports to the Associate Director of Applications and Integration and provides oversight of and maintenance for the functionality of Development & Alumni Relations’ (DAR) computing systems. This includes:
- maintaining, configuring, and setting up servers, user setup and data access into the Donor System and UGA Foundation Financial system
- database management responsibilities to ensure availability and integrity of all donor and alumni data, as well as ensuring data backups are viable
- maintenance of web servers, SQL Server administration, troubleshooting report errors, and assistance with help desk calls pertaining to users as well as system problems
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with DevOps environments
- Experience with monitoring solutions
- Experience with log management analysis
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES and/or COMPETENCIES
- Understanding of TCP/IP and networking.
- Demonstrated skills with at least one server operating system (Linux, Windows).
- Demonstrated skills with at least one hypervisor (VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix).
- Demonstrated skills with change management.
- Demonstrated skills with SQL Server (2008 R2+) and/or MySQL.
- Knowledge of application development methodologies.
- Demonstrated skills with a scripting language (PowerShell, Bash, etc.).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff, campus units, and alumni.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Sponsorship not available for position.
Additional Division Expectations:
- Through open, honest, and respectful communication, all staff, supervisors, and colleagues of the Division of Development & Alumni Relations will interact with fairness, compassion, and decency. All employees will be held accountable for meeting the expectation of promoting a stable, productive, and healthy work environment.
- Adherence to CASE standards and commonly accepted industry standards relating to fundraising reporting are expected of all fundraisers. All fundraisers will be held accountable for meeting this expectation.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
UGA’s Division of Development and Alumni Relations is entrusted with a wealth of information and the Office of Information Technology (https://dar.uga.edu/it/) is committed to keeping everything accessible and secure. We are responsible for all the technology needs of the division; we manage all enterprise systems, hosting for all websites, file shares, phones, copiers, printers, scanners, TVs, manage user and enterprise endpoints, maintain security and compliance, user access rights, some reporting, audio/video, ensure all hardware and software remains up to date and licensed, and anything else that lands on the table concerning the technology needs of the Division. The team also works in coordination with other units to leverage UGA-wide technology solutions.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA
Since our founding in 1785, the University of Georgia has operated as Georgia’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (https://www.uga.edu/). The proof is in our more than 235 years of academic and professional achievements and our continual commitment to higher education. UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,700 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 40,000 students including over 30,000 undergraduates and over 10,000 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 18 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
This position is structured as a permanent position within the Division of Development & Alumni Relations. We are unable to sponsor a work visa for this position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please note that applicants MUST submit their materials through the UGA human resources portal (www.ugajobsearch.com) for consideration. Job posting number is S09047P
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert