The Department of Psychology at the University of Southern Indiana, a public university in Evansville, Indiana, seeks applications for a 9-month, tenure track position at the Assistant Professor level in Psychology. The appointment will begin in August 2023.
Responsibilities will include teaching 12 credit hours per semester (2-3 course preparations), advising psychology majors, maintaining scholarly activity, and engaging in professional and university service activities. Teaching responsibilities will include undergraduate course offerings in psychopathology, clinical, counseling, and/or research methods and statistics.
Applicants must hold a doctoral degree in Psychology or a related subfield, although ABD candidates will be considered. If the candidate’s degree is not conferred by the date of hire, the candidate will be hired at the rank of Instructor until the degree is conferred.
More information about the Psychology degree, Psychology Department, the University of Southern Indiana, and Evansville can be found at https://www.usi.edu/liberal-arts/psychology/future-faculty
Please visit https://usi.peopleadmin.com/postings/10236 to complete an application and upload application materials to the attention of Dr. Amie McKibban, Search Committee Chair. Application materials should include:
(1) letter of application addressing relevant experience in teaching undergraduate courses in psychology and your fit within the Psychology Department at the University of Southern Indiana
(2) current curriculum vitae
(3) names and full contact information including e-mail addresses for three professional references
(4) unofficial transcripts
(5) brief statement of teaching philosophy
(6) description of research plans
(7) brief statement of experience with Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility as it relates to undergraduate education
Official transcripts will be required at a later stage. For best consideration, please submit materials by December 2, 2022. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The University of Southern Indiana is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.