Part Time instructor positions available in Philosophy, teaching
one or more of the following courses: Introduction to Philosophy,
Ethics, Critical Thinking, and Introduction to World
Level 1 - $935 per credit hour
Class Specific Essential Duties
- Master’s degree in Philosophy; or Master’s degree in related
field with 18 graduate credits in Philosophy
- Two (2) years teaching experience
- Experience working with non-traditional and diverse student
- Experience using classroom technology and learning management
- Proficient computer skills and Microsoft applications
- Prior college teaching experience preferred
CCBC Part Time Benefits At A Glance
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Fulfills department and college responsibilities as directed by
the program director and/or course coordinator.
- Abides by College wide policies and procedures regarding
- Employs a variety of teaching strategies to meet a diverse
- Adheres to the scheduled time of class/lab.
- Develops a course syllabus that is in keeping with program and
- Ensures that program specific evaluation methods are
administered and completed in a consistent and equitable
- Assure that evaluation methods are appropriate and effectively
assessing the established course objectives.
- Monitors student performance on a regular basis and provides
feedback within a reasonable timeframe to students.
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC
employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you
open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows
employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw
tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth
403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors:
TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part
Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for
retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may
contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b)
post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined
for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA
Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization
form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public
Safety to use on all campuses.
Sick and Safe Leave
CCBC is pleased to offer paid sick and safe leave for part-time
employees. Paid sick and safe leave is earned by all part-time
employees including credit and non-credit adjunct faculty,
part-time associates and other part-time employees.