Digital Media Production, Adjunct Faculty
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Maryland, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 31, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Arts, Other Arts, Communications, Digital Media, Film & Video, Education, Teacher Education, Professional Fields, Vocational & Technical Fields
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Digital Media Production, Adjunct faculty are needed to teach Media Literacy, Media and Video Production, Digital Filmmaking, and Editing. For day, evening, weekend, and/or online classes at the Community College of Baltimore County. Adjunct faculty will be expected to facilitate learning via preparation and delivery of instruction, cooperation with College support staff in timely submission of materials and grades as required and, coordination of activities with the Program Director or Coordinator. Adjunct faculty are selected based on program needs and subject matter expertise of the applicant.
Pay rate: $935 per credit hour
- Master’s Degree in Electronic Media and Film, Digital Media Production, Video Production; or Bachelor’s Degree (in discipline) and seven years of professional experience and a portfolio
- Two (2) years teaching experience
- Experience using classroom technology and learning management systems preferred
- Proficient computer skills and MicroSoft applications knowledge
- Prior college teaching experience preferred
- Fulfills department and college responsibilities as directed by the program director and/or course coordinator
- Abides by College wide policies and procedures regarding classroom conduct
- Employs a variety of teaching strategies to meet a diverse student population
- Adheres to the scheduled time of class/lab
- Develops a course syllabus that is in keeping with program and College policies
- Ensures that program specific evaluation methods are administered and completed in a consistent and equitable manner
- Assure that evaluation methods are appropriate and effectively assessing the established course objectives
- Monitors student performance on a regular basis and provides feedback within a reasonable timeframe to students
CCBC Part Time Benefits At A Glance
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time employees).
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth 403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors: TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b) post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human Resources Forms.
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public Safety to use on all campuses.
Sick and Safe Leave
CCBC is pleased to offer paid sick and safe leave for part-time employees. Paid sick and safe leave is earned by all part-time employees including credit and non-credit adjunct faculty, part-time associates and other part-time employees.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert