Cultural DIversity - Adjunct Faculty
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Maryland, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 31, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Other Education, Professional Fields, Other Professional Fields, Vocational & Technical Fields, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Criminal Justice & Criminology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Community College of Baltimore County presents a wonderful teaching opportunity for Part Time instructor positions for the Pathways in Technology Early College High School Program (P-TECH). The Human Services Counseling Department teaches cultural diversity coursework for high school students on our CCBC campuses with designated schedules and placements. Presently, Dundalk High School in Baltimore County provides a cultural diversity course in their student curriculum. Additional locations may become required or made available.
About the P-TECH Program:
Pathways in Technology Early College High School (P-TECH) is a Baltimore County Public School (BCPS) magnet program that provides students with a college preparatory program that combines high school and college in a supportive, yet rigorous educational environment. Through a partnership with the Community College of Baltimore County, students will have the opportunity to simultaneously earn a high school diploma and an Associate’s degree or up to 60 credits toward a Bachelor’s degree, which may be eligible for reciprocal credit at a four-year college or university. Students will earn credits through course work completed at both the high school campus and/or at the community college campus. College credits are tuition free.
Required Scheduling for the P-TECH Programs:
Adjunct faculty providing instruction in any of the P-Tech programs require a schedule based on High School hours and faculty must be able to manage and fully comply with the schedule during the specific hours during week days. Several classes may be required within one week, as well as the possibility for class rotations from week to week. A brief orientation may be required prior to classes commencing.
Pay level: $935 per credit hour
- Master’s degree in a social sciences, arts, or humanities, or a related field
- Experience working with non-traditional and diverse student populations
- Experience using classroom technology and learning management systems preferred
- Proficient computer skills and Microsoft applications knowledge
- Two (2) years of high school or college teaching experience
- Fulfills department and college responsibilities as directed by the program director and/or course coordinator.
- Abides by College wide policies and procedures regarding classroom conduct.
- Employs a variety of teaching strategies to meet a diverse student population.
- Adheres to the scheduled time of class/lab.
- Develops a course syllabus that is in keeping with program and College policies.
- Ensures that program specific evaluation methods are administered and completed in a consistent and equitable manner.
- Assure that evaluation methods are appropriate and effectively assessing the established course objectives.
Monitors student performance on a regular basis and provides feedback within a reasonable time-frame to students.
CCBC Part Time Benefits At A Glance
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time employees).
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth 403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors: TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b) post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human Resources Forms.
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public Safety to use on all campuses.
Sick and Safe Leave
CCBC is pleased to offer paid sick and safe leave for part-time employees. Paid sick and safe leave is earned by all part-time employees including credit and non-credit adjunct faculty, part-time associates and other part-time employees.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert