The Computer Science/Information Technology Department at the
Community College of Baltimore County is seeking day and evening
adjunct faculty for all campuses. Instructors are needed for CSIT
101, Technology and Information Systems (explores emerging applied
software applications and technologies for PC and mobile devices as
tools to generate, present, collaborate and share information for
education, employment and personal enrichment), programming (Java,
C++), database and web development courses.
Adjunct Level 1 - $1,050 per credit hour.
- Bachelor's degree
- Work experience as a computer professional
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Class Specific Essential Duties
- Master's degree
- Teaching experience
CCBC Part Time Benefits At A Glance
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Teach assigned Computer Science/Information Technology (CSIT)
courses in accordance with learning objectives and common course
outlines of the college.
- Collaborate with faculty on course curriculum and other related
- Mentor students and contribute to the success of the Computer
Science/Information Technology program.
- Support the community college philosophy through commitment to
success of students with diverse goals, backgrounds and learning
- Commitment to the mission of the community college and to
teaching and motivating community college students in ways
appropriate to their diverse backgrounds and learning styles.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Maintain currency in field(s) through professional development
and scholarly activities.
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC
employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you
open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows
employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw
tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth
403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors:
TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part
Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for
retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may
contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b)
post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined
for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA
Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization
form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public
Safety to use on all campuses.
Sick and Safe Leave
CCBC is pleased to offer paid sick and safe leave for part-time
employees. Paid sick and safe leave is earned by all part-time
employees including credit and non-credit adjunct faculty,
part-time associates and other part-time employees.