CDL Training – Adjunct Faculty - Continuing Education
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Maryland, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 31, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Professional Fields, Other Professional Fields, Vocational & Technical Fields, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
This part-time position teaches college level non-credit Community Education courses that focus on CDL-A and B commercial vehicle training.
Instructors should have experience teaching and have an expert knowledge of the topic they are proposing to teach. Instructors will be required to complete all forms and documentation related to the course and all documentation required by the college.
Campus locations: Catonsville, Dundalk & Essex, MD
Pay rates for the non-credit courses in Continuing Education are commensurate with education and experience qualifications. Please see salary scales posted on our website.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be a subject matter expert.
- Computer proficiency preferred.
- Experience teaching or training in an adult setting preferred.
- Three years’ experience driving vehicles requiring a CDL-A license is required.
- A current, valid Maryland Commercial Driver’s License - Class A (CDL-A), with Air Brake certification, plus N, T and P endorsements, is required
- School Bus (S), Hazmat (H), Hazmat/Tanker (X) or All (TPXS) endorsements are preferred.
- Must have a current D.O.T. Physical Card
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time employees).
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth 403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors: TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b) post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human Resources Forms.
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public Safety to use on all campuses.
Sick and Safe Leave
CCBC is pleased to offer paid sick and safe leave for part-time employees. Paid sick and safe leave is earned by all part-time employees including credit and non-credit adjunct faculty, part-time associates and other part-time employees.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert