Automotive Technology - Adjunct Faculty
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Maryland, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 31, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Professional Fields, Other Professional Fields, Vocational & Technical Fields
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
1. Teach Automotive Technology AAS curriculum.
2. Oversee shared labs, tools and equipment.
3. Recruit and advise prospective students.
4. Work with all industry and advisory groups.
5. Research scholarship and internship opportunities for students.
6. Assist in the completion of departmental objectives; direct support of Department Coordinator and Chair.
7. Maintain good working relationships within the department and with CCBC departments.
8. Advise existing automotive students.
9. Promote the use of a variety of instructional methods, especially those utilizing technology.
10. Develop credit and non-credit curricula, as directed.
11. Teach customized Automotive training courses for Continuing Education. Liaison with Continuing Education Department, as directed.12. Maintain portfolio of dealership relationships; conduct regular visits to assess needs and ensure student performance.
Adjunct level 1 - $935 per credit hour.
1. Minimum five years related work experience.
2. Associate's degree required. Equivalent work experience and/or education will be considered.
3. Current or prior Senior Master Technician status
4. Hold Master ASE certification.
5. Hold ASE L1 certification
Flexible; some evening and/or weekend teaching assignments possible
CCBC Part Time Benefits At A Glance
Supplemental (Retirement Annuities) 403(b) and 457(b)
- Tax-sheltered annuities – 403(b). Payroll salary reduction
authorization is needed. The form is available on SharePoint
Forms/Human Resources Forms.
The 403(b) supplemental retirement plan is available to all CCBC employees (Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time employees).
- Roth 403(b) is a savings feature that is available when you open a 403(b) account. The Roth 403(b) savings feature allows employees to contribute after-tax dollars and then withdraw tax-free dollars from their account upon retirement. The Roth 403(b) savings feature is only offered by the following vendors: TIAA-CREF and VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Associates and Full Time employees are eligible to save for retirement using the Roth 403(b) savings feature. Employees may contribute traditional pre-tax 403(b) dollars and Roth 403(b) post-tax dollars simultaneously. The savings limits are combined for the Traditional 403(b) and the Roth 403(b) contributions.
- Deferred Compensation Plan — 457(b) offered through VOYA Financial Advisors, Inc. The 457(b) salary reduction authorization form is needed. The form is available on SharePoint Forms/Human Resources Forms.
Free. Must obtain a parking permit from the Department of Public Safety to use on all campuses.
Sick and Safe Leave
CCBC is pleased to offer paid sick and safe leave for part-time employees. Paid sick and safe leave is earned by all part-time employees including credit and non-credit adjunct faculty, part-time associates and other part-time employees.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert