Care Experience Coordinator (5 Positions)
- San Jose State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 1, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Student Affairs, Health Services, Other Student Affairs
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Reporting to the Director of Care Experience and Operations, receiving general work direction from the Care Experience Lead, the Care Experience Coordinator provides unit/department administrative support and student/program educational support. Staff in this role provide a warm student welcome, responsive student service, technical assistance, and/or health information for departments including Student Health Services, Counseling and Psychological Services and Wellness and Health Promotion to support a positive student experience and promote health and well-being. Care Experience Coordinators maintain the accuracy and confidentiality of health information, coordinate patient access, flow, scheduling, following and basic education. Care Experience Coordinators collaborate with students, licensed providers, health educators, and other campus colleagues via 1:1 and small group interactions to achieve student-centered transformative care, which ultimately supports student success.
- Welcomes, screens, interviews, and registers students; takes and records vital signs, as appropriate to clinic operations; may assist with routine medical procedures, as appropriate to training and/or certification
- Alerts clinic staff and counselors of appointment arrivals and any special documentation needed for students
- Prepares and updates health and associated records, and enters student health data into the SWC Electronic Health Record (EHR) and automated databases
- Answers telephone inquiries from students and others; screens calls to determine nature and urgency of inquiry, refers calls as appropriate, and/or schedules appointments with practitioners; instructs patients as needed regarding administrative and/or logistical procedures
- Recommends improvements for SWC accounting/technical/health education functions
- Provides collegial and consultative support to other SWC staff
- Obtains patient histories, and insurance approvals as appropriate
- Collects, verifies, records, and maintains data on clinical activity and/or research; prepares associated reports as required
- Orders and maintains inventories of supplies, as required to support day-to-day unit clinical and administrative operations
- Conducts individual or group meetings with SJSU students to determine program eligibility and enrolls eligible students in programs
- Under the guidance of the Care Experience Lead, initiates outreach and health education efforts to all new and established students to the SWC
- Under the guidance of the Care Experience Lead, provides support for the department in effective use of EHR and campus student records database
- Supports department efforts in the accurate capture, retrieval, and reporting of relevant data such as clinic utilization and provider visits
- General knowledge of the techniques for collecting and compiling data
- Knowledge of disseminating educational information to the public through various mass and audio or visual media
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to individuals with various interests and from varying cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment
- Ability to prepare and deliver informational talks and lead group discussions with or without audio visual aids
- Ability to conduct interviews or focus groups to obtain data on campus community health habits and/or needs
- Ability to understand problems from a broader perspective, anticipate impact and adjust accordingly
- Ability to troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to inquiries and requests related to the work area
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures independently; consult and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist
- Ability to perform accurately in a detailed-oriented environment
- Ability to proof accuracy of entered/recorded information and numbers (amount, time, codes)
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and guide the work of others based on student-patient needs
- Ability to effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels and highly sensitive interpersonal situations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with employees and external agencies
- High school diploma or equivalent or combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities
- Associate’s degree in a medically related field
- 2 years of directly related experience to the duties and responsibilities specified
Classification: Health Education Assistant
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,880/month - $5,000/month
CSU Salary Range: $3,963/month - $7,647/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Incumbent is also required to promptly report any knowledge of a possible Title IX related incident to the Title IX Office or report any discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation to the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at email@example.com .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf . The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: November 01, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert