Degree Completion Coordinator - Educational Leadership (Part-Time)
- San Jose State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 1, 2022
*This is a regular part-time (0.5 FTE) position.*
Reports to the Director of Resources and Operations and receives daily direction from the Degree Completion Director/ Degree Completion Coordinator in the Department of Educational Leadership and provides various administrative and support services to the Department Chair, Program Director, faculty, and students for the B.A. Interdisciplinary Studies, concentration in Educational and Community Leadership. The Degree Completion Coordinator is responsible for the appointment of temporary faculty, administrative tasks associated with faculty recruitment and evaluation, managing and tracking program expenses and budget, program class scheduling, tracking enrollment, planning department events, handling of confidential information for faculty and students, and distributing program information to students, faculty and the general public. This position serves as a liaison to other campus entities: Office of Academic Innovation and Online Initiatives, College of Professional and Global Education (CPGE), Faculty Affairs, Human Resources, Registrar's Office, Financial Aid, Bursar’s Office, Tower Foundations.
- Coordinate, oversee, communicate, and perform all administrative office operation duties for program director
- Provide support and communicate with SJSU Online recruiting and advising teams as needed for B.A. Interdisciplinary Studies students and prospects.
- Work with the Academic Resource Manager and Associate Resource Analyst to ensure faculty hires, budget, and enrollment policies and procedures are followed.
- Maintain essential databases (ex. Students, Perspective Students, and Faculty)
- Maintain the program calendar for deadlines, events, projects etc.
- Maintains curriculum files, process major and minor curriculum forms, and update catalog information
- Duties assigned by Dean’s Office for graduation services at the end of each semester
- Assist Director in preparing the schedule of classes and assigning classrooms
- Maintain working files and other employment documents for program faculty
- Perform administrative tasks related to recruitment of faculty, staff, and student assistants
- Manage and track related program budget and expenses
- Provide budget information and generate status reports for Chair upon request.
- Maintain and reconcile the budget data for the program, LCD, Account period Paid, Monthly Paycheck Report, Setup audit, Job Period Paid, via spreadsheet.
- Maintain and monthly reconciles the program P-Card and Go Card
- Thorough detailed knowledge of methods, procedures, operations, and department, college, and university policies and infrastructure.
- Thorough knowledge of software applications and office systems; word processing, spreadsheet, database management, technology, and other relevant systems.
- Ability to effectively use campus software to review student documentation and track advisement materials for advisors and director.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Must possess excellent customer service and public relation skills.
- Ability to analyze operations and procedures and recommend and evaluate proposed solutions.
- Ability to understand problems from a multi-faceted perspective and anticipate challenges of office administration in other areas of workflow.
- Ability to perform basic financial math, track financial data, and evaluate status of finances in coordination with department admin.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with students, faculty, staff, visitors, and other entities on campus and in the community.
- Ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and email; English grammar, business writing, punctuation and spelling.
- Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents
- Three years of related office work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with tracking expenses and managing budget allocations
- Experience with tracking student admissions and managing student records
- Experience in providing customer service
- Administrative experience working in an office with complex tasks in a diverse setting
- Technical experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), PeopleSoft, CMS/FST, CFS, Data Warehouse and email programs such as Gmail and Google Docs
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator II
Anticipated Hiring Range: $2,328/month - $2,445 /month (Part-Time)
CSU Salary Range: $3,681/month - $6,034/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Incumbent is also required to promptly report any knowledge of a possible Title IX related incident to the Title IX Office or report any discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation to the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf . The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at email@example.com .
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: November 01, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert