The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites nominations and applications for an Academic Affairs Operations Manager.
The Fashion Institute of Technology, a part of the State University of New York, has been a leader in career education in art, design, business, and technology for nearly 70 years. With a curriculum that provides a singular blend of hands-on, practical experience, classroom study, and a firm grounding in the liberal arts, FIT offers a wide range of outstanding programs that are relevant to today's rapidly changing industries. Internationally renowned, FIT draws on its New York City location to provide a vibrant, creative community in which to learn. The college offers more than 45 majors and grants AAS, BFA, BS, MA, MFA, and MPS degrees, preparing students for professional success and leadership in the global marketplace.
With close ties to industry, FIT draws faculty from the city's art, business, and design elite, and from the rich academic community of the region. The college continually seeks creative faculty members who are passionate about their field and demonstrate exceptional professional capability in the core competencies of instruction design, learning enrichment, globalism, and use of technology, as well as mastery of established and emerging industry practices.
The Division of Academic Affairs Operations is currently seeking a full-time Academic Affairs Operations Manager. The primary purpose of this position is to support the day-to-day operations and budgetary functions within the Office of Academic Affairs under the direction of the Associate Vice President and Chief Operations Officer (AVPCOO) and in support of the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
The successful candidate will have experience in the following areas: accounting and financial/budget management, managing and tracking multi-fund budgets, conducting reviews and audits, analyzing programs, creating reports and identifying appropriate corrective recommendations and administering contracts or grants.
- Oversee budget management, analysis, and forecasting for the Division of Academic Affairs Operations.
- Implement processes and controls for financial and budgetary functions in adherence to established FIT fiscal policies.
- Provide direct hands on management and processing of transactions and related processes for multiple budgets within the division.
- Serve as an advisor to the AVPCOO in the areas of operations, strategic financial planning, analysis, and instructional space administration.
- Prepare reports and analysis of revenue and expense activity at the request of the AVPCOO.
- Perform all phases of budgetary and operational analysis.
- Maintain records for transactions and generates spreadsheets including projections of all personnel and non-personnel expenses.
- Advise administrators and department staff on budget procedures, college policies and procedures.
- Oversee, track, and monitor purchases, procurement, and contracts.
- Conduct budget training as appropriate, prepares budget reports, analysis, and communications to school administrators and personnel.
- Manage fiscal year closing and start.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, operations, economics, statistics, or related field.
- At least a minimum of three (3) years' of relevant work experience as a Budget Analyst, Budget Manager, or Fiscal Specialist.
- Experience providing financial and budgeting analysis and reporting in support of the executive level of an institution or organization (more than 100 employees).
- Demonstrated knowledge of academic administrative practices in a post-secondary environment.
- Knowledge of principles and practices relating to academic operations and administration.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and time while under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications with particular emphasis on proficiency with Excel.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team with administration, faculty, staff and students.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Ability to train college/departmental budget custodians as appropriate and provide assistance in more complex budget matters.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated effective working relationships with faculty, staff and employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a proactive manner.
- Master's degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or related field.
- Evidence of strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to complete multiple tasks in a busy environment.
- At least 6 years' experience performing similar responsibilities.
- Knowledge of New York State appropriation, budgetary, and accounting systems.
- Experience with Banner financial system module.
- Experience with Central Square Finance Enterprise system software.
Read Comprehend- Constant; Perform Calculations- Frequent; Communicate Orally- Constant; Reason & Analyze- Occasional; Write- Constant
The position is on campus, primarily in an office environment.
Sit- Frequent; Stand-Occasional; Bend- Occasional; Walk- Occasional; Climb- N/A; Pull- Occasional; Push- Occasional; Lift<10- Occasional; Lift 10-20- N/A; Lift over 50- N/A; Reach- Occasional
Days/Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, in person; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department.
Job Title: Executive Coordinator per Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
Hiring Salary: $85,860 per year
Employee Holiday and Work Schedule
Remote Pilot Program
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made.
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO/ Affirmative Action Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212.217.3360, email@example.com.
The Fashion Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is strongly and actively committed to diversity within the community.