Marketing Content Creator, Senior
- Northern Arizona University
- Arizona, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 1, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Marketing & Sales
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Marketing Content Creator, Senior
Location: Marketing Department
Job ID: 606556
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
NAU is a community devoted to student success and sustained by an unshakable commitment to our shared mission, vision, and values. We—faculty, staff, and administrators—thrive by combining our efforts and working side by side to further NAU's culture of excellence.
- NAU Marketing embraces a hybrid workplace model. As such, this position may work from our Flagstaff Campus office or may adopt a hybrid campus/home schedule. A fully remote model may also be considered.
- This position occasionally requires overtime to meet extremely tight project timelines.
Creates marketing content to support brand building initiatives and university objectives. Develops high-impact content that can be delivered through a variety of channels, including but not limited to owned media (the university's website and social media channels), earned and paid media, and print collateral. Maintains and develops university brand tone and voice to ensure all messaging to all university audiences is consistently on-brand.
Writing and Content Creation - 75%
- Creates and shares written marketing content about the university's product offerings, achievements, and features of the university's students, faculty, staff, alumni, and other community members.
- Recognizes content creation opportunities and creates new content that supports the university's brand building efforts and objectives.
- Holds a high-level understanding and knowledge of the university's marketing content strategies and can apply such to appropriate handling of the written content.
- Plays an essential role in ensuring the accuracy and quality of any written content that represents the university.
- Identifies problems and potential improvements associated with the university's marketing content strategies and executions and proposes recommendations for improvements to ensure effectiveness of the branding and marketing communications through written content.
- Functions as a subject matter expert regarding content created for website and digital marketing.
- Applies basic principles of SEO practices when writing website content.
Functional Marketing Support - 20%
- Applies subject matter expertise within the marketing team by demonstrating advanced knowledge of concepts and practices; serves as a specialist within the unit.
- Applies broad knowledge of concepts and procedures to perform complex tasks; identifies problems and solutions independently; identifies and resolves missing information; improves existing processes.
- Supports the strategy, planning, and publishing for—and the re-purposing and syndication of—feature stories and other written content assets to support the university's branding initiatives.
- Maintains the university's editorial writing style guides.
- Contributes to the university's content repository from a written content perspective to ensure it becomes an efficient tool supporting the university's marketing and communications efforts.
- Develops and maintains intentional relationships to promote teamwork and leverage other content contributors across the institution.
Other - 5%
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, such as English, communications, marketing, etc.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Master's degree in related field.
- 6 years of relevant writing and editing experience.
- Background in developing written content solutions supporting brand-level, high-profile, and large-scale marketing initiatives.
- Background in marketing or journalism.
- Background in higher education.
- Background in writing content for websites and digital marketing.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of written content creation for various media, including relevant digital media applications.
- Advanced knowledge of best practices in written content creation for marketing and communications.
- Knowledge of routine marketing tools, processes, and concepts.
- Knowledge of content marketing and digital media content best practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in WordPress.
- Experience with a variety of digital content creation tools and platforms (social media, email, etc.)
- Advanced skill in writing/editing to support digital marketing.
- Proficiency with project management products (e.g., Workfront, Trello, MS Teams).
- Demonstrates ability to work successfully with faculty, staff, and other constituents.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving, organizational, and analytical capabilities.
- Learns and applies new techniques to work assignments.
- Organizes work within schedule constraints and handles emergent requirements in a timely manner.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
- Effectively communicates.
- Balances competing priorities and completes multiple concurrent projects in a timely fashion.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of 12/10/21, the Safer Federal Workforce employee vaccination requirement is currently suspended pending the outcome of a federal court-issued injunction. This injunction has suspended the recent executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations. For current status of the vaccine requirement and/or questions, please visit FAQs for Employee Vaccination Requirement.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check. Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report. The report is a result of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the Fire Safety Report is combined with the Annual Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Anticipated salary range is $41,421 - $51,776. Annual salary commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship for this position.
December 12, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606556&PostingSeq=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert