The Department of Psychology invites applicants for a full-time, nine-month tenure-track Assistant Professor position beginning August 2023. UA Little Rock is a doctoral-intensive metropolitan university serving a diverse student body of approximately 10,000 full- and part-time students. The Department of Psychology houses one of the largest degree programs at UALR with about 400 active majors, state-of-the-art classrooms, and both flexible and fixed laboratory resources (e.g. statistics lab, developmental lab, and bio-behavioral lab). Please visit http://www.ualr.edu/psychology for more information about the Department of Psychology.
Candidates who have already been teaching and have an active research program, as well as those from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Required Education: PhD in Psychology, with possible focus in any of the following: cognitive psychology, machine learning, memory, learning or sensation and perception; ABDs who will earn the PhD by August 1, 2023 will be considered. Experience in, or potential for, scholarship in areas related to Human Experimental Psychology, Statistics and Research Methods.
The new faculty member will be expected to:
- Teach courses in the B.A. program including Statistics and Research Methods; Supervise student research and internships; Engage in research and scholarship activities; Advise students in the major; Participate in service activities in the program, college, university and the Little Rock community.
The successful candidate will have skills, knowledge and abilities that preferably include:
• Experience teaching statistics and research methods courses at the undergraduate level;
• Experience teaching online and integrating technology in teaching; and
• Experience working with diverse populations of learners.
- A cover letter that addresses teaching, research, and diversity philosophies Curriculum vitae