Lecturer of Communication
- Kennesaw State University
- Kennesaw, Georgia
- Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 1, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Communications
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Lecturer of Communication
School of Communication and Media
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a nine-month, non-tenure-track Lecturer of Communication faculty position in the School of Communication and Media that begins August 2023.
Responsibilities include teaching in our lower-division, specifically COMM 2135 (Writing for Public Communication) and possibly upper-division writing courses in the School, if qualified.
Candidates will also be expected to provide service to the department, college, university and/or professional community.
Excellence in teaching and student engagement is expected of all faculty members in the Radow College of Humanities and Social Sciences at KSU. Faculty in the School teach in a variety of modalities, including face-to-face, hybrid, and online formats.
Teaching assignments will be based on earned degrees and SACSCOC Faculty Credentials Guidelines.
Required Qualifications Include
- A master’s degree, or its foreign equivalent, in communication, mass communication, journalism, public relations, or a closely related field.
- Prior collegiate teaching experience or comparable recent professional experience in a related field.
- Experience teaching Associated Press-style writing at the university level and/or professional writing and editing experience.
Preferred Qualifications Include
- Previous experience teaching AP-style writing
- Professional journalism experience
- Evidence of teaching and working with a culturally and an ethnically diverse community
- Experience teaching online or hybrid courses
- A commitment to a diverse, equitable and inclusive learning and work environment
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php. Search for Job ID 251040.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia’s largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert