Assistant/Associate Professor of Social and Administrative Pharmacy, Skaggs School of Pharmacy
- University of Montana
- Montana, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 1, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Other Health & Medicine, Pharmacology, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Other Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Application instructions are located at the bottom of the page. Please apply directly through the University of Montana's career portal UM Jobs at https://umjobs.silkroad.com/ for positions at the University of Montana – Missoula, University of Montana Western (Dillon), and Helena College. Do not apply through Indeed.com or use easy apply through Indeed.com * .
The Skaggs School of Pharmacy at the University of Montana is seeking qualified applicants for a 12-month, fiscal year, tenure – track faculty appointment for an Assistant/Associate Professor of Social and Administrative Pharmacy in the Department of Pharmacy Practice beginning in the 2022-2023 academic year. Primary teaching responsibilities will be coordination and instruction in pharmacy administration courses including health systems, pharmacoeconomics, jurisprudence, and/or public health in the Doctor of Pharmacy program. Applicants with expertise in communication, health behaviors, information technology, ethics and management will also be considered. Other teaching responsibilities may be assigned based on departmental needs and instructor interest or expertise. Scholarly activity and service to the School and University consistent with a research-focused institution are also expected.
- Earned research doctorate (Ph.D.) in social and administrative pharmacy, public health, or a complementary field.
- Broad understanding of U.S. pharmacy practice, management, and healthcare
- Expertise in health services research, outcomes measurement, biostatistics, research design, data analytics, public health or management and be able to teach this content to entry-level pharmacy students.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Pharmacy degree (either PharmD or B.S. Pharm) from an ACPE-accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in social or administrative pharmacy, public health or complementary field.
- Experience in program evaluation
- Research experience in grant proposal preparation, designing and conducting studies, publication, and collaborating with other researchers
- Prior experience teaching at college level
Title: Assistant/Associate Professor of Social and Administrative Pharmacy
Position Type: Full time, 12 month – tenure track in the Pharmacy Practice Department, Skaggs School of Pharmacy
Closing Date: Position open until filled
Salary: Salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications
Benefits: Medical Insurance/Mandatory Retirement Plan/Partial Tuition Waiver/Wellness Program
About University of Montana (UM) and the Department of Pharmacy Practice
UM is located in picturesque Missoula, Montana, a vibrant community of approximately 80,000 persons. It is the second largest city in Montana and is a hub for art, culture, and healthcare in Western Montana. The 56-acre main campus is located at the base of Mount Sentinel and near the Clark Fork River. Outdoor opportunities abound in the nearby area. Approximately 10,000 students attend UM and the associated Missoula College.
The Department of Pharmacy Practice is comprised of 13 tenure track faculty and 5 non-tenure track faculty and fellows and numerous clinical instructors and affiliates located throughout the state of Montana. Students complete all required APPEs in the state and can choose to complete elective APPEs either in state or out of state. Class size is approximately 65 students. For more information on The University of Montana and the Skaggs School of Pharmacy, please visit https://www.umt.edu/pharmacy/ .
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- City of Missoula
- The State of Montana
Priority Application Date: Wednesday , November 30, 2022 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by this date will be guaranteed consideration. To receive full consideration, candidates are required to submit all of the following materials.
Please submit the following application materials** via the UM Jobs portal and by clicking "New Resume/CV" button. Please do not apply through Indeed.com*.
Upload the following materials: *Please note: only five (5) attachments are allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.
- Letter of Interest – addressing the stated required skills for the position and primary faculty responsibilities in teaching, service and research.
- Detailed curriculum vitae listing education and describing work experience
- Statement of research interests and experience
- Three (3) professional references - Names and contact information
** Please note: only five (5) attachments are allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of Employment. In accordance with University policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference - Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References - *References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing - Individual hiring departments at UM-M may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility - All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert