Digital Media Coordinator, Intermediate (multiple
NAU aims to be the nation's preeminent engine of opportunity,
vehicle of economic mobility, and driver of social impact by
delivering equitable postsecondary value in Arizona and
Northern Arizona University's Marketing Department is seeking three
(3) skilled and experienced Digital Media Coordinator's to join our
team. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Marketing (website
front-end), this position plans and executes digital marketing
initiatives on NAU's web properties, with a primary focus on
applying and maintaining Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best
practices through keyword research, regular page audits, and the
implementation of new content. Incumbents work with a high degree
of autonomy; mentor student staff; provide guidance to Marketing
Department clients; assist in client consultations in assigned
areas of expertise; and assist with documentational support for
best practices and processes.
Search Engine Optimization - 25%
- Strengthen NAU's organic search presence by performing regular
webpage audits to track keyword and page performance and optimizing
on-page content in accordance with SEO best practices.
- Optimize web content for end user performance: assure hyperlink
integrity, image quality, and consistent page layout.
Content Planning and Publishing - 25%
- Contribute to online content development by planning,
optimizing, publishing, and maintaining high-quality content across
NAU web properties that adheres to university web governance and
- Review and recommend edits to copy and content developed by NAU
marketing vendors for PPC, SEO, landing page, conversion rate,
content marketing, and web development initiatives.
- May design and develop landing pages and provide other support
for paid media campaigns.
Program and Resource Coordination - 20%
- Under the Assistant Director's direction, collaborate with
Marketing Department, ITS stakeholders, and outside vendors to plan
and support new and ongoing web initiatives.
- Support Assistant Director with coordination of day-to-day web
team operations, including project intake, task scheduling,
resource tracking, and project status communications.
- Coordinate with Marketing Dept stakeholders, including project
management team, client services, and creative team.
- Mentor assigned student employees.
Quality Assurance - 15%
- Assist with quality assurance and user acceptance testing for
website updates in staging and production environments to confirm
page elements are accurate and functioning correctly.
- Verify web properties are compatible across browsers and mobile
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to the proper display of
content and website features.
- Ensure web properties reflect 508 accessibility
Internal Education and Communications - 10%
- Assist with internal education efforts. May include helping to
develop webinars, internal training materials and how-to guides,
and/or client-focused best practices education/resources.
- Support ongoing efforts to document and communicate best
practices, including web-related policies and written
- May assist in developing internal communications related to
major website initiatives.
- May produce and present reports and communications that
interpret information for key stakeholders.
Other - 5%
- May assist with reputation management-related monitoring and
- Other duties necessary for the effective operation of the
- Associate or bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be
substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year
- Certification in web technology (WebProfessionals.org),
HTML/CSS (W3 schools), web accessibility
(accessibilityassociation.org), or similar.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- WordPress proficiency.
- Experience with 508 accessibility compliance.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Intermediate knowledge of routine digital media tools,
processes, and concepts, such as: Search Engine Optimization, web
analytics & reporting, digital content curation, user
experience, accessibility, website planning and architecture, photo
and video editing for web applications, digital advertising
concepts, and relevant social media applications.
- Proficiency in Google-Suite products including Docs, Sheets,
Slides, Data Studio, Drive, etc.
- Proficiency in CMS platforms, such as WordPress, to publish web
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word,
- Skill in implementing SEO strategies across multiple types of
- Skill in writing for the web, including leveraging SEO best
practices and AP writing style.
- Familiarity with digital marketing tools including Google
Keyword Planner, SEMrush, SEOquake, and Google Analytics.
- Skill in preparing media reports and summaries.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of content.
- Balances competing priorities.
- Demonstrates problem solving, organizational, and analytical
- Analyzes non-routine situations and anticipates issues.
- Communicates effectively.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of 12/10/21, the Safer Federal Workforce employee vaccination
requirement is currently suspended pending the outcome of a federal
court-issued injunction. This injunction has suspended the recent
executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees
of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations. For
current status of the vaccine requirement and/or questions, please
visit FAQs for Employee Vaccination
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the
following: a criminal background investigation, an employment
history verification and a degree verification (in some cases)
prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a
fingerprint background check. Additionally, as an employer in the
state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal
E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new
employees' right to work in the United States. Finally, each year
Northern Arizona University releases an Annual Security Report
. The report is a result
of a federal law known as the Clery Act. The report includes Clery
reportable crime statistics for the three most recent completed
calendar years and discloses procedures, practices and programs NAU
uses to keep students and employees safe including how to report
crimes or other emergencies occurring on campus. In addition, the
Fire Safety Report
is combined with the Annual
Security Report for the NAU Flagstaff Mountain Campus as this
campus has on-campus student housing. This report discloses fire
safety policies and procedures related to on-campus student housing
and statistics for fires that occurred in those facilities. If you
would like a free paper copy of the report, please contact the
NAUPD Records Department at (928) 523-8884 or by visiting the
department at 525 E. Pine Knoll Drive in Flagstaff.
Anticipated salary range is $41,421 - $51,776. Annual salary
commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair
Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or
compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent
benefit package including generous health, dental and vision
insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System;
paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for
employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at
NAU is available on the Human Resources benefits website
. Classified Staff
employees are in a probationary status for their first six months
at NAU. NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus. Employees offered a
position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's
BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits
on the first day of the
pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date.
Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in
benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in
the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability
coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period
following 6 months after the new employee's start date.
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity
for professional development. New
employee on-boarding training
includes courses to be completed
within the first 30 days.
NAU will not provide any U.S. immigration support or sponsorship
for this position.
January 3, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on
this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the
"Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you
need assistance completing your application there are instructions
available on the Human Resources website
or in person in the
Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus
- on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable
accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact
the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006
or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities,
veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps,
and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prta/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=606565&PostingSeq=1