Integration Specialist, PSS2
- Rowan University
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 28, 2022
Position Summary :
Rowan University is seeking a mid-level experienced Integration Specialist to join our growing team.
Are you an imaginative, adaptable problem-solver who enjoys working with a wide variety of
technologies? As a member of Information Resources and Technology, you will work with our core
group of developers and engineers to create, automate and implement solutions for various colleges
and departments at Rowan University. The Integration Specialist will have the skills to work in
disparate systems and interfaces to build data exchanges and ETL pipelines between on-premises
and SaaS solutions that the University employs.
- 4-year degree or equivalent education in a related field.
Professional experience may be
substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
- Three (3) years of related professional experience (more than 3 is preferred).
- Strong programming skills: Proficiency with one or more of the
following programming languages: Python,
PL/SQL, Bash/shell scripting.
- Proficiency with object-oriented design and programming principles
- Proficiency with developing readable and maintainable programming logic
- Proficiency with re-factoring and modernizing legacy programs
- Strong testing skills to ensure programs are error-free: Developing test plans, executing regression and unit tests
- Strong problem-solving skills: Ability to interpret business requirements into a technical design concept, the ability to identify multiple solution alternatives for a given problem, the ability to intuitively understand any missing parts to a given problem and to formulate effective questions needed for their resolution
- Experience working with SQL and RDBMSs, such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQLite.
- Experience designing, integrating and automating complex processes.
- Experience with effectively using source code versioning tools
(git, Microsoft Team
Foundation Server, Mercurial, etc.)
- Experience in identifying and addressing data translation
issues and minimizing downstream
- Implement auditing, logging, and monitoring of integrations.
- Ability to write effective program documentation
- Ability to write and present application support training materials
- Ability to excel when working on a scrum team in a collaborative agile environment.
- Experience with decommissioning legacy web applications.
- Experience with data processing and translation tools.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with vendors to
understand changes in the higher-
education application ecosystem.
- Experience with data governance in a broad enterprise.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert